Where is Romo Going? Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well, God damn it. Stop fucking with my happiness.

I hope Jerry lives forever, you assholes.
:lol

They are pushing him to the background more and more so the hatred has died down.....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Vegas posts odds on all kinds of shit.

I am pretty amazed they have not posted odds on where Romo goes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Vegas posts odds on all kinds of shit.

I am pretty amazed they have not posted odds on where Romo goes.
Uhhhhh....

The shop is offering odds on which NFL roster Romo will be on for the first game of the 2017 campaign, with Denver the front-runner at +250. Houston (+400), Chicago (+500), Buffalo (+600), the New York Jets (+600), Dallas (+800), Kansas City (+800), Arizona (+1000) and Miami (+1400) are the other possibilities according to the shop.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/tony-romo-odds-which-team-will-he-play-2017

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Houston is going to pay both Romo and Osweiler? Don't see it. The more I think about it, Chicago might be a dark horse destination, even though they don't fit the contender mode.
Romo might have beaten the Patriots the way they played Houston in the playoffs. Throw in Watt and NE would have been in for a serious battle.

So the 14 million Romo with will cost no SB proration is hugely worth it given the small window of time you have with playoff caliber teams.

I mean they aren't spending 170 million next year or whatever it is just to frustrate their fans with Osweiler and lose all over again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uhhhhh....

The shop is offering odds on which NFL roster Romo will be on for the first game of the 2017 campaign, with Denver the front-runner at +250. Houston (+400), Chicago (+500), Buffalo (+600), the New York Jets (+600), Dallas (+800), Kansas City (+800), Arizona (+1000) and Miami (+1400) are the other possibilities according to the shop.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/tony-romo-odds-which-team-will-he-play-2017
Miami? Uhh, okay then. There are other teams without QBs that should be getting better odds.

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry Jones not looking forward to seeing Tony Romo in different uniform
4:27 PM CT
Jean-Jacques Taylor
ESPN Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he hasn't considered the possibility of Tony Romo playing for another NFC team because he doesn't want to think about it.

"That bothers the heck out of me because I know wherever he goes, he’ll start. I know wherever he goes, he’ll compete, absent injury," Jones said Friday on "J Dub City" on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.

"We saw a guy [Tom Brady] several years older than him win a Super Bowl. I think he’s that kind of player, so you’ve dealt in your own conference, somebody that has the possibility to come back and beat us."

Dak Prescott passed for more than 3,600 yards with 23 touchdowns and four interceptions. He's the starter, and it's unlikely Romo wants to remain on the roster as a backup.

Romo probably will be released or traded during the offseason. It'll probably happen sooner rather than later because Romo's new team will want the 36-year-old in his new city as soon as possible to learn the offense and develop a rapport with his teammates.

The trick for Jones is doing what's right for Romo and the franchise.

"We’ve got a lot to do. We’ll get it sorted out. That’s what it’s all about," Jones said. "Relationships come into play here.

"When you’ve got the kind of relationship I’ve got with him, and the type of person that Tony Romo is, we’ll get this worked out."

Jones knows the odds are against it, but he still hopes he can persuade Romo to back up Prescott.

So what's the sales pitch?

"It has to do with what his options are," Jones said. "If he went to another team, it has to do with what his ability is to compete here.

"All of these things I don't have an answer to -- we just have to work through it."

Am I reading this right? His pitch to Romo is that he could compete here? It's Jerry talk, so someone help me decipher.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think he means Romo has a better shot at a Super Bowl here than on the majority of other teams if something were to happen to Prescott. Perhaps he'll try to convince him that if Prescott misses a month or so and he tears it up he won't be removed as long as he keeps playing well?

Cotton

Staff member
I think he means Romo has a better shot at a Super Bowl here than on the majority of other teams if something were to happen to Prescott. Perhaps he'll try to convince him that if Prescott misses a month or so and he tears it up he won't be removed as long as he keeps playing well?
If so, that is monumentally stupid. That is creating a potential situation of divisiveness that could hurt the team. Just let him go. Romo does not need to be in the Cowboys locker room come TC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Backups get Superbowl rings too...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If so, that is monumentally stupid. That is creating a potential situation of divisiveness that could hurt the team. Just let him go. Romo does not need to be in the Cowboys locker room come TC.
"You know Tony, this is a dangerous game. Guys get hurt all the time. A QB could get a really bad concussion, or blow out his knee. Or his brakes could fail right before the playoffs. "

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"You know Tony, this is a dangerous game. Guys get hurt all the time. A QB could get a really bad concussion, or blow out his knee. Or his brakes could fail right before the playoffs. "
Joking aside, the way his relationship is with Romo is completely unhealthy for this franchise.

He has to go, and unfortunately it will be on Romo's terms, which is not in the best interest of the team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Helman is having fun with the Twitters. Tweeted a trade suggestion.... Romo to Denver for Von, Symien, and a draft pick.

Sad thing is that there will people actually thinking that's possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Helman is having fun with the Twitters. Tweeted a trade suggestion.... Romo to Denver for Von, Symien, and a draft pick.

It is possible with a contract concession by Romo and a contingency to the receiving club. The Dallas organization would have to underwrite the health contingency. If Romo remained healthy for the stated period the He would be worth it to both clubs. If not then Dallas would have to absorb the deal. It is a gamble for both clubs but it would make the trade a valuable potential for both as well.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It is possible with a contract concession by Romo and a contingency to the receiving club. The Dallas organization would have to underwrite the health contingency. If Romo remained healthy for the stated period the He would be worth it to both clubs. If not then Dallas would have to absorb the deal. It is a gamble for both clubs but it would make the trade a valuable potential for both as well.
You're not getting Von straight up for Romo...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

I don't think there is anything in mp post that indicates that.
I don't really know who mp is, but the post you quoted does...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't really know who mp is, but the post you quoted does...
My post couches his declaration by qualifying how it may be possible to make the trade by concessions and contingencies not a straight trade.

Mp is a typo for my.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fans should show every bit of outrage possible if Jerry does this shit. He'd literally be screwing the team to do a favor for his buddy.

Top Bottom