Week 5 Game Day Chatter | Packers at Cowboys | 10-08-2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Googled 'clock management Cowboys' to see what next-day reactions are. Had to sift through hoarded of articles from 2011 and 2013 to find one regarding yesterday's game.

Big.Ben.Parliament.
Very telling, for sure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Demote Terence Williams yesterday. Time to move on already. Butler has far outplayed The Body Catcher.

Cotton

Staff member
Demote Terence Williams yesterday. Time to move on already. Butler has far outplayed The Body Catcher.
I was told that body catching doesn't really hurt anything. I guess it only hurts when you finally do try to catch it with your hands and can't, causing a pick six in a huge game.

data

Forbes #1
ATTENTION DCC POSTERS

We now have more than one debatable clock mgmt game vs the same non-divisional opponent under the same regime. To spare future confusion when discussing these games, please preface your posts by stating Clock Bowl I or Clock Bowl II.

Thank you for your understanding as we manage through this situation.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Extend your FUCKING ARMS!

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

That no-call on the grounding was bullshit. There was no whistle on the play, and they shouldn't be able to retroactively call him in the grasp just because of the way the play turned out. And, that's not even mentioning how bad that PF call was.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Comedic genius:

(:05) (Shotgun) 4-D.Prescott pass short left to 19-B.Butler to DAL 35 for 10 yards. Lateral to 21-E.Elliott to GB 45 for 20 yards. Lateral to 4-D.Prescott to GB 48 for -3 yards. Lateral to 19-B.Butler to 50 for -2 yards. Lateral to 4-D.Prescott to GB 47 for 3 yards. Lateral to 82-J.Witten to GB 47 for no gain. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by GB-53-N.Perry at GB 47. 53-N.Perry to GB 48 for 1 yard (72-T.Frederick). FUMBLES (72-T.Frederick), RECOVERED by DAL-72-T.Frederick at GB 49. 72-T.Frederick to GB 38 for 11 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by GB-24-Q.Rollins at GB 42.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Extend your FUCKING ARMS!
Sit his ass.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This may sound ridiculous, but I have played flag football for a while and I just can't imagine attempting to catch a pass in that manner from that distance at that level of the field. I mean, that was basically a stationary 5-yard curl, which is something anybody who has ever thrown around a ball with their friends at any point in their life has ran.

This isn't some 25 yard downfield route at full speed with world class DB's all around you that nobody can really understand or relate to. This is one of the simplest routes, just a few yards up the field that basically anybody who has ever played a pickup game has ran, let alone someone who has played in HS, college, etc.

You extend your hands out, with your palms pointing away from you and pull it in, you don't face your palms to your face and cradle it in like it's a freaking baby.

It boggles my mind that anybody who has ever played football consistently at any level whatsoever would try to catch a ball like that just 5 yards away from the QB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If it was up to me I'd have fired Garrett following the 2013 season, I'm not arguing that they should stay, I'm just being realistic.

If I had it my way our HC right now would be Sean McDermott or Josh McDaniels. If Payton came available at the end of the year I'd drive Garrett from Dallas back to Princeton myself.
Josh McDaniels, eh?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Anyone that runs this defense is being asked to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

I don't say that to make excuses for Marinelli. Stephen and his daddeh, McClay and certainly Marinelli have had a lot of say in the trash we're throwing out on the field right now, but the fact is there's just not a lot to work with on that side of the ball.
This is kinda true, but we just pumped a ton of prime resources into the secondary and the picks looked to be worthwhile.

On top of that, the DL has enough pieces that it should not be getting shredded like this against the run. I think it has to be scheme partially.

Our LBs are obviously shit. Need help there badly.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I actually picked him up in one league because I had shit at WR. He paid off for me. Greatest WR evar! :unsure
I chuckled when I saw you picked him up and mad at myself for forgetting about him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may sound ridiculous, but I have played flag football for a while and I just can't imagine attempting to catch a pass in that manner from that distance at that level of the field. I mean, that was basically a stationary 5-yard curl, which is something anybody who has ever thrown around a ball with their friends at any point in their life has ran.

This isn't some 25 yard downfield route at full speed with world class DB's all around you that nobody can really understand or relate to. This is one of the simplest routes, just a few yards up the field that basically anybody who has ever played a pickup game has ran, let alone someone who has played in HS, college, etc.

You extend your hands out, with your palms pointing away from you and pull it in, you don't face your palms to your face and cradle it in like it's a freaking baby.

It boggles my mind that anybody who has ever played football consistently at any level whatsoever would try to catch a ball like that just 5 yards away from the QB.
Yeah, the guy catches a shit ton of balls in practice. How can that still happen. That should feel so unnatural for him to even attempt to put his hands like that. Just baffles my mind.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Josh McDaniels, eh?
Belichick flamed out in Cleveland trying to be like Parcells, McDaniels flamed out in Denver trying to be like Belichick before returning to New England, just as Belichick returned to Parcells. I think he will be one of the best HC's in the league at some point in the next 10 years.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, the guy catches a shit ton of balls in practice. How can that still happen. That should feel so unnatural for him to even attempt to put his hands like that. Just baffles my mind.
He looked like a fucking 4th grader catching a ball for the first time, yet he is our WR2.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Belichick flamed out in Cleveland trying to be like Parcells, McDaniels flamed out in Denver trying to be like Belichick before returning to New England, just as Belichick returned to Parcells. I think he will be one of the best HC's in the league at some point in the next 10 years.
That would be a hire I'd probably like if it came down to it.

Top Bottom