Week 5 Game Day Chatter | Packers at Cowboys | 10-08-2017

data

Forbes #1
Vikings score TD and engage in a 9-person celebration of duck, duck, goose with players sitting buddha style in a circle.

Ref reactions grinning ear-to-ear. No flag. Everybody's happy.

Why was this irreparably ruining the game for decades?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What's the deal with Bradford? Is he out for the rest of the game?

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
He would have every instinct coached out of him just like every other DB that has come through here.

Marinelli's scheme is not a CB friendly device. There is a reason why guys that suck here are fine elsewhere.

Catering to him and this scheme is a loser's plan.
That's just it. Are we coaching the instincts out of guys, or are selecting the guys that don't have the instincts to begin with?

I agree about Marinelli's scheme, but this is a problem that pre-dates Marinelli.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Vikings score TD and engage in a 9-person celebration of duck, duck, goose with players sitting buddha style in a circle.

Ref reactions grinning ear-to-ear. No flag. Everybody's happy.

Why was this irreparably ruining the game for decades?
Because assholes invariably turn it into unsportsmanlike shit or inappropriate shit (like Beckham pissing like a dog - seriously, we couldn't even get a month in without some dipshit ruining it).

data

Forbes #1
Because assholes invariably turn it into unsportsmanlike shit or inappropriate shit (like Beckham pissing like a dog - seriously, we couldn't even get a month in without some dipshit ruining it).
Not sure I get your point. Re-enacting a dog pissing is still a penalty and I doubt relaxing the rules had anything to do with encouraging ODB to do that move.

midswat

... soon
I hate talking to dumb cowboys fans. And there’s a lot of them. I mentioned how Jaylon was trash and didn’t belong on the field. Co-worker, Kenny, said it was only because Lee was hurt and when he played alongside Lee he was just as good if not better than Lee, but since Lee is injured Smith has to cover a different part of the field, hence his struggles. Also once Lee and David Irving comes back we’ll have maybe the best starting three linebackers in the league.

I offered a bust in the chops wager that we wouldn’t but he declined.

midswat

... soon
Sorry I only gave a synopsis of the convo and not an exact line by line recap, or fellow coworker reactions. Rest assured though my coworkers were impressed with me and it was obvious to all that I came out on top in that exchange.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not sure I get your point. Re-enacting a dog pissing is still a penalty and I doubt relaxing the rules had anything to do with encouraging ODB to do that move.
Because they made celebration rules stricter before based on the same principle. They were much more lax back in the day, but then you had idiots like TO using it to taunt and Randy Moss mooning and so forth. Those types of things make the league uncomfortable and cause them to tighten the rules. We didn't even get a month in before seeing guys take it too far. I don't think that's enough for them to pull back again, but I think they will eventually and that type of thing like we saw from Beckham will be why. Because I have no doubt every so often some idiot will take it too far.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
At his current pace of success, if and when Garrett is let go by the Cowboys, you think anyone hires him to be head coach?
:lol

Top Bottom