The Outrage Thread

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well then that whole making abortion illegal should take care of those absent fathers, now just have to make church going obligatory (a specific church or any will do?), ban social media (forget censorship) and not sure what they plan to do about videogames but maybe they should throw that music from the devil the kids are listening to out as well just in case...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

These pussies had training on this just 2 months ago

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Well then that whole making abortion illegal should take care of those absent fathers, now just have to make church going obligatory (a specific church or any will do?), ban social media (forget censorship) and not sure what they plan to do about videogames but maybe they should throw that music from the devil the kids are listening to out as well just in case...
Sounds about correct. Democrats don’t have an issue with kids being murdered, it’s just the tools that matter.

Vacuums are fine, guns are unacceptable.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just look at what happened in Australia through Covid. I mean that was some dystopian shit. They got away with it for one reason. The citizens had literally no way to fight back.
This is what it boils down to in my opinion, Australia is a perfect example of why you should never give up your firearms.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

shoop

Semi-contributing member
You have made the personal decision that you don't need a rifle. You can't speak for others. You should probably stick to objective things instead of subjective ones.

There is no evidence of this assertion. You can suspect it's because it's "ease to obtain," combined with it's "effectiveness," but that is purely speculative on your part. I personally think it's a coolness factor at play with these lunatics.

Shotguns and handguns are both far cheaper and easier to obtain. And as we've seen, a ban on assault weapons does not stop school shootings from occurring.

Effectiveness? Let's break that down.

What makes the AR more effective than a handgun? It fires at the same rate. It's bullets are generally a similar size/caliber and cause the same amount of damage. A handgun is far easier to manipulate and aim as it's smaller, lighter, and more portable. A handgun is far easier to get closer to a target because it is concealable.

The AR's advantage is it has an edge in aiming due to it's stock and barrel/sights. But this is primarily an edge in intermediate and long range scenarios, not necessarily in close-quarter combat.

Is it magazine size? I don't know if I've seen a handgun with a 30 round magazine, but 17 is very common.

At the end of the day, we are talking about 13 extra rounds in a magazine and a long sighted barrel. Is this the difference in these mass shootings? I'm not buying it. Mass shootings aren't gonna happen if AR magazines are limited to 17 rounds? Doubtful.

And you can't ban barrels. They are on every hunting rifle in existence.

I am unconvinced that the reason the AR is the weapon of choice for these shootings is their excessive deadliness. Instead, they are part of the fantasy that mentally ill, delusional individuals have of being part of a paramilitary organization and so they obtain weapons that MOCK and MIMIC military weapons but instead share the characteristics of your basic handgun and hunting rifle and are not superior in function to either of those things.

Ban them and while the innocent are punished, the criminally insane will still use handguns and shotguns to carry out their murder fantasies, as those two sickos did at Columbine.

Ending the rash of school shooting terror is going to require solutions that (a) actually will prevent school shootings, and (b) do not punish law abiders with constitutional rights.
Glock, Sig, and others have 30-round magazines for their pistols.

The AR fallacy is ridiculous. In a close-quarters situation like a school or office building, a pistol would generally be just as effective as a rifle without the difficulties that could occur because of the length and weight of a rifle. As previously mentioned the same and worse could be just as easily accomplished with handguns and shotguns.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
My sister said she would. She teaches high school and she is proficient with handguns.
I know multiple teachers who would be willing to carry. Could we please stop painting all teachers as 60-year-old ladies? My martial arts instructor was the English teacher. He was an avid gun sportsman.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A "cheap" Daniel Defense is $1800. Must not be too poor.
And it turns our he had 2 DD ARs

I'm not saying he was groomed by the FBI to use as a gun control push before midterms they know they are going to lose but I'm not not saying it either after it turns out the FBI were behind the Whitmer kidnapping

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I know multiple teachers who would be willing to carry. Could we please stop painting all teachers as 60-year-old ladies? My martial arts instructor was the English teacher. He was an avid gun sportsman.
The PE/History teacher at my grandkids school carries concealed, he told me he had to go thru a Texas School Marshal course to get approval to do so even tho it's a private school

shoop

Semi-contributing member
As I understand it, there's a large difference in the damage each (Rifle vs Handgun) can inflict.
Not a great study. They are using accuracy references from 1984 for handguns. They are also basing "damage" on characteristics at 100 yeards. For a handgun??

Frangible or hollowpoint rounds from a handgun are as likely to do damage as "ball" ammo from an AR. The AR is easier to be accurate with but within 20 feet you don't need to be Annie Oakley to hit your target.

Comparing ammo would be beter done with ballistic gel testing and comparison

shoop

Semi-contributing member
This is a fantastic explanation of the 5.56.
Most people don’t realize the size of the bullets used in the first 2 WWs. They were extremely lethal and destructive. 30.06 was one of the rounds used back then, highly lethal even if you were hit in a lower extremity.

Obviously the idea behind the AR platform was high capacity and light weight, but with that came a smaller cartridge-and one of the consequences of that was less lethal, humane wounds. Hundreds of wounded soldiers need attended to by hundreds of other soldiers to get them off the battlefield which was an extra bonus that arrived with the 5.56 round.

Good stuff, Nodak.
My old school SKS shoots 7.62. It is a monster of a round. Sounds almost like a shotgun when it fires.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
My old school SKS shoots 7.62. It is a monster of a round. Sounds almost like a shotgun when it fires.
I have an old W.H. Davenport 8 Gauge shotgun fired it 8 times when I inherited it wish I had only fired it twice bruised right shoulder

Top Bottom