The Moving Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just got back home after spending a little over 7 weeks in California when we only planned to be there 3 weeks initially.

When we first moved out to OK, I never once felt homesick for California. I kinda felt some sadness for not missing it.

From day one of being out in Cali this time I instantly felt like I needed to get back home. I sorta went into a kind of depressed state for the first week or so. The entire time I was there my anxiety was really fucking with me.

Got home around 6:00pm yesterday and I already feel back to my normal self. So weird but comforting.
Welcome back to America.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We met the Goth Kids who moved in next door yesterday.

They introduced themselves in a polite way, but then immediately asked which day was recycle day.

I am not a spokesperson for the county services.

Get off your mentally overwhelmed ass, look at the phone you look at all the fuckin' time and look it up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, I got the appraisal back and it looks like I will get decent equity coming out of the build.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, I got the appraisal back and it looks like I will get decent equity coming out of the build.
I was down in in Georgetown earlier today helping my brother load some of heavier shit in on of those PODS things, he just bought that house on a golf course when they started the subdivision about 10 yrs ago and he told me he's gonna clear an extra 170 at least

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Met with the builder today and it looks like my closing will be around the beginning of September. I am not certain if I am excited or just plain anxious.

ZeroClub

UFA
Met with the builder today and it looks like my closing will be around the beginning of September. I am not certain if I am excited or just plain anxious.
Probably both. It helps me to remember that people do these things everyday and they typically turn out just fine, if not better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spent three hours doing new home orientation today.

I think the builder became annoyed when I complained about paint splatter on my built in speakers.

~Furley sniff~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well it is fucking done.

Good thing this will be a gradual move.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I got mah built-in living room speakers, a covered living area (not a porch, above a patio) and a bonus room as my new toys.

And I love the neighborhood. Tiny subdivision with large lots and a new corporate monstrosity coming in about two years.

The builder advised me when we move in our Jamaican neighbor who is two doors down will invite us to dinner. He said she made the best oxtail stew and jerk chicken he has ever had.

Last edited:

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
So I got mah built-in living room speakers, a covered living area (not a porch, above a patio) and a bonus room as my new toys.

And I love the neighborhood. Tiny subdivision with large lots and a new corporate monstrosity coming in about two years.

The builder advised me when we move in our Jamaican neighbor who is two doors down will invite us to dinner. He said she made the best oxtail stew and jerk chicken he has ever had.
Yum. Can I come? I can bring an appetite.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Will I like the guest room?
We have downsized. So there will be no guest room.

There is an extra bonus room, but that will now be dedicated to my own personal replica of the Mike Tag room.

We do have two small doors on either side of the bonus that are storage, however it would require some finish as in adding flooring over the insulation.

Since my motherfucking mortgage is going up another $500 a month, I can work things out.

Top Bottom