The Moving Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If one of you junior mods decides to be ambitious, you will track down the posts that @Sheik made about his move and merge them into this thread.

I was motivated by @Sheik but really I am just done with a big ass house.

Put it up Friday, they have been taking exterior pictures and they are going to be in for interior on Monday.

I am looking to clear $250K if it sells. Thing is, it may have to be a single buyer. I am also putting it out there for the damn corporate real estate shitheads so I can just liquidate. The market has changed quite a bit since the PIR got jacked up, but I am still hopeful. It will just come down to what I clear.

Daughter of booze is in her final year of high school and Son of booze is basically a bum, so we are like fuck it, we are downsizing, like right now. Wife of booze has been pushing this for a while and yeah, its time.

We started getting shit out of the house into a storage unit today and it is amazing the stupid ass shit that we have that we just don't fucking need. I will be Goodwill-ing a bunch of my fat clothes and whatever.

Now I have to decide either to just rent an apartment or just get land in the sticks and build.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
If one of you junior mods decides to be ambitious, you will track down the posts that @Sheik made about his move and merge them into this thread.

I was motivated by @Sheik but really I am just done with a big ass house.

Put it up Friday, they have been taking exterior pictures and they are going to be in for interior on Monday.

I am looking to clear $250K if it sells. Thing is, it may have to be a single buyer. I am also putting it out there for the damn corporate real estate shitheads so I can just liquidate. The market has changed quite a bit since the PIR got jacked up, but I am still hopeful. It will just come down to what I clear.

Daughter of booze is in her final year of high school and Son of booze is basically a bum, so we are like fuck it, we are downsizing, like right now. Wife of booze has been pushing this for a while and yeah, its time.

We started getting shit out of the house into a storage unit today and it is amazing the stupid ass shit that we have that we just don't fucking need. I will be Goodwill-ing a bunch of my fat clothes and whatever.

Now I have to decide either to just rent an apartment or just get land in the sticks and build.
Good luck to you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good luck to you.
Thanks, man.

Deep down, I am fucking terrified right now.

This is a pretty significant life event, especially when you are considering kicking one out of the nest.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Thanks, man.

Deep down, I am fucking terrified right now.

This is a pretty significant life event, especially when you are considering kicking one out of the nest.
Yeah, that’s rough, but he’ll land on his feet I’m sure.

My brother was kind of like that, lived at home until his early 30s. I thought he’d never make it on his own. I couldn’t have been more wrong, the little fucker became a man very quickly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

My brother was kind of like that, lived at home until his early 30s. I thought he’d never make it on his own. I couldn’t have been more wrong, the little fucker became a man very quickly.
My son will absolutely not live in my home until his early 30s.

You watch, I will be like Archie Bunker and he brings home Gloria.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Archie didn't have a son.

#knowyourtvhistory

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That is the direction I am leaning. Get an apartment in the meantime. A lot is contingent on what I can pull for the house.

You can move to Oklahoma, too. That way you could be close to Sheik and the Tiger King as well.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I highly recommend Oklahoma.

We went to some place named mini Niagara Falls.

Tons of ass.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

This generation of 30 and under adults aren't in as much of a rush to move out like we were.

I had to give my daughter a Dec 2023 deadline to get her motivated to start taking adulthood more seriously. Just got to get my wife (the main enabler) to remain strong if I have to actually kick her out of the nest. Unfortunately that's the only way some people learn to start doing for themselves.

My son is the complete opposite though. He's very responsible and is already saving money and making plans for how to get out on his own after he finishes college.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This generation of 30 and under adults aren't in as much of a rush to move out like we were.

I had to give my daughter a Dec 2023 deadline to get her motivated to start taking adulthood more seriously. Just got to get my wife (the main enabler) to remain strong if I have to actually kick her out of the nest. Unfortunately that's the only way some people learn to start doing for themselves.

My son is the complete opposite though. He's very responsible and is already saving money and making plans for how to get out on his own after he finishes college.
I have never met you in person, but I feel I can rest assured you raised your kids right.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All my kids stayed the summer after they graduated high school. Then once they left for college, they spent their first year in the dorms, then got their own place.

Honestly... I kinda miss 'em. Only have one left at home.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Turner Falls?
Idk, it’s in Sulpher and I was just told we were going to “Little Niagara Falls”.

It was very nice for the early part of the day, then it got pretty crowded towards the later afternoon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think my kids hate me for selling the house.

Top Bottom