Staff member

This is nuts.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Like Brazil nuts? /iamtdg

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Part of the issue is some people going to pursue a degree aren’t always in fields where you can start earning six figures right out of school.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Part of the issue is some people going to pursue a degree aren’t always in fields where you can start earning six figures right out of school.
Wish I was making 6 figures. I have the degree and experience. Trying to get some morons to overlook some short tenure over the past 6 years and understand that I am changing careers has been fun.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
When you find out your company is being sold through the media instead of from your employer. And you are part of HR. And when you contact your boss, the head HR person in the organization, she doesn’t know about it. Then You are told “it’s no big deal, we will continue operating independently as a subsidiary”
Not my first rodeo, I don’t believe you. When a much larger competitor buys your company and they do the same functions they just don’t slap a “subsidiary of company X” badge after your logo and watch life go on as usual.
Ridiculous.
Prayers and well wishes for my interview with another company tomorrow to go smoothly are appreciated.

I heard the rumors weeks ago and will reiterate that the company I work for is garbage. Thank God I found more information on what I should have asked in the interview that would have warned me away from this job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When you find out your company is being sold through the media instead of from your employer. And you are part of HR. And when you contact your boss, the head HR person in the organization, she doesn’t know about it. Then You are told “it’s no big deal, we will continue operating independently as a subsidiary”
Not my first rodeo, I don’t believe you. When a much larger competitor buys your company and they do the same functions they just don’t slap a “subsidiary of company X” badge after your logo and watch life go on as usual.
Ridiculous.
Prayers and well wishes for my interview with another company tomorrow to go smoothly are appreciated.

I heard the rumors weeks ago and will reiterate that the company I work for is garbage. Thank God I found more information on what I should have asked in the interview that would have warned me away from this job.
Sorry to hear that, bro.

I will tell you this, it will not change no matter where you go; remember the Peter Principle.

Have a nice day,
DFDC

shoop

Semi-contributing member
remember the Peter Principle.
I somewhat jokingly tell people that this is the only thing I learned in college. I postulated something similar myself while repeatedly seeing Good salespeople promoted to managers and store managers who aren't great at developing people promoted further than that.

Most of my college work was done without opening the book unless I had to reference the source material. College wasn't difficult. I need to work for a company that will support me in getting my Master's degree. In the one class I started I was actually challenged and was looking forward to it. At that point I wasn't getting tuition reimbursement so I quit taking coursework.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
don't people work anymore? where's the $ coming from?

1652617124965.jpg

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Christ, I would send thank you letters to the people who interviewed me back in the 90's. Different world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To those of you who have had to make hiring decisions, have you ever made such a mistake that you literally question your own intellect and competence?

I could have stated that throughout my 30-year career doing so, I have had bad hires but nothing to that point.

But not today.

OMG I want to stab this person's eyeballs out.

I literally have never met a person like this that annoys me on both personal and professional levels. I think she is on some serious serious medication or she has had some sort of traumatic brain injury.

But she has not disclosed either condition, so now she becomes completely accountable going forward. I can't tolerate this special brand of stupid.

Anyways, I have an interview tomorrow with a company I have never heard of.

But their YouTube video is very impressive.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
BTW, the interview I had today went very well.

Thank you all for asking, fuckers.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
BTW, the interview I had today went very well.

Thank you all for asking, fuckers.
The wife kept me busy at stores for redoing the bathroom yesterday. This is the first I have been on.
What company was it? How’d you do? When do you start?

I had an employee that was partially retarded. I found he was stealing from the safe so I fired him. He was cozy with my boss so he called him and complained. Made up some story about me stealing They couldn’t prove anything(nothing to prove) but fired me anyway. That was my first management job eons ago. Side note later found out the employee was assaulting a person of diminished mental faculties and was in jail. So there’s that.

Top Bottom