The Job Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It all depends on how it is presented.

All in all, I think diversity training has become very much like what you see in The Office.

That said, I liked what the poor little peeps at the Academy did. They tried and it was actually entertaining.

In general, the entire thing is overboard. I get it that inclusive behavior is important.

But you know what? There comes a point where you literally cannot and should not pander to ever single scar, wound, personality issue or just plain weirdness 24-7. It is just not possible. The human brain is not wired that way. And it won't be until the chips are installed.
The Soldiers who I work with had to do some type of training about transgenders on Thursday.

Did you get your annual transgender training in as well?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the Army outlining stuff like what they're allowed to ask or say about someone's gender and ensuring there's equal treatment.

The Army's annual training is mostly CYA stuff to cover themselves when someone says or does something stupid. So they can then say, "You can't sue us. We told them not to do it on this date and time".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the Army outlining stuff like what they're allowed to ask or say about someone's gender and ensuring there's equal treatment.

The Army's annual training is mostly CYA stuff to cover themselves when someone says or does something stupid. So they can then say, "You can't sue us. We told them not to do it on this date and time".
That's fair, but it is still ridiculous bureaucracy. Question is why this is important in the military.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's fair, but it is still ridiculous bureaucracy. Question is why this is important in the military.
Because there are transgenders in the military.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit week.

Breaking out the Glen. Haven't drank any since the playoff exit.

I hate Zoom calls. Especially training on Zoom calls when the facilitator makes bad jokes and has no idea how to properly share a screen. The worst part is this is a huge deal with Workday, yet they have no fucking vendor support. It is insane.

I work for a Fortune-1 and this is the best they can fucking do?

But hey, let's fly you to Florida for a one day in-person class on "Inclusion".

That is just some fucked up decision-making from above.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry to hear that, booze. Zoom is the worst invention ever.
I actually don't have any problem with virtual meetings. In fact, they are sometimes a little better.

My deal is that these tards don't get how to use the tool the right way.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Side note - we started having a company wide no work 90 minutes per week.

Everyone is required to come in Friday mornings. No business talk, only positive reports and thank yous. We typically play some dumb ass game like trying to make balloon towers out of only balloons and masking tape, women arm wrestling and so forth. It has been the best money that I've spent lately. I know it sounds corny but it has gone a long way to build team unity and trust.

Fire away...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Side note - we started having a company wide no work 90 minutes per week.

Everyone is required to come in Friday mornings. No business talk, only positive reports and thank yous. We typically play some dumb ass game like trying to make balloon towers out of only balloons and masking tape, women arm wrestling and so forth. It has been the best money that I've spent lately. I know it sounds corny but it has gone a long way to build team unity and trust.

Fire away...
That is solid stuff there.

I am a cynic in that world and it sucks but yeah, people get off on balloons, cake, stuff you would peddle to a five year old.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I actually don't have any problem with virtual meetings. In fact, they are sometimes a little better.

My deal is that these tards don't get how to use the tool the right way.
No. No, you are wrong. Virtual meetings are the worst thing in the world.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is solid stuff there.

I am a cynic in that world and it sucks but yeah, people get off on balloons, cake, stuff you would peddle to a five year old.
Sometimes when I pull into the office I stop to count the cars, think about how much it cost in terms of payroll and then go inside with pain behind a fake smile.

There, now that is off of my chest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sometimes when I pull into the office I stop to count the cars, think about how much it cost in terms of payroll and then go inside with pain behind a fake smile.

There, now that is off of my chest.
This is because you are the big boss.

I envy you a lot. I would love to be my own boss.

But I am nothing but a corporate whore.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is because you are the big boss.

I envy you a lot. I would love to be my own boss.

But I am nothing but a corporate whore.
It has cost me a lot over the last 17 years. A lot of long long hours, stress, anxiety, humility and so forth. Hell, I almost went completely broke 6 years ago. On the other side, there has been many amazing years of reward. I couldn't imagine it any other way. Now I am planning the run up in revenue and an eventual sell. All of this is a new challenge for me so that keeps it interesting. It isn't for wimps, I can tell you that much.

Top Bottom