The Job Thread

data

Forbes #1
Size queen!!!
I wish we all could’ve watched Booze interact with the 22 year old Apple salesperson gushing over specs and asking profiling questions

Now You See Me smarminess meets Gran Turino curmudgeon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wish we all could’ve watched Booze interact with the 22 year old Apple salesperson gushing over specs and asking profiling questions

Now You See Me smarminess meets Gran Turino curmudgeon.
I did not go into the store, was shipped to the house.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Welp, told my Ops Manager that I’m bringing on a CEO. That’s didn’t go well. She was offended because she felt I didn’t believe in her. No, I actually do not think she is the right person to take us to the next level.

Did I ever mention that I’m not a huge fan of leading on the managerial level? Like, I truly am not good at it?

Thanks for the support.:unsure

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Just so everyone knows, owners and executive leaders often want to quit it all too. I’ve had moments where I would like to light a match, throw it in the door and walk away. Most of the time I love life but parts of this is extremely difficult and challenging.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I just wanna be a Wal-Mart door greeter making 100k + tips, four 10s, no weekends.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just wanna be a Wal-Mart door greeter making 100k + tips, four 10s, no weekends.
You would actually greet people walking into Walmart for that? Like have to earn it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You would actually greet people walking into Walmart for that? Like have to earn it?
They have a damn greeter but if you actually need help while shopping or to check out at the register you can't find a damn person. I hate Walmart.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I had to fly down to Orlando for a one day training class.

Flew down late Wednesday evening; sat through a brutal 7-5 class on Inclusive Leadership then flew back at 9 this morning.

I feel cheated and abused. They should have given us the option when to fly back. It is the least these disgusting corporate bastards could have done.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I had to fly down to Orlando for a one day training class.

Flew down late Wednesday evening; sat through a brutal 7-5 class on Inclusive Leadership then flew back at 9 this morning.

I feel cheated and abused. They should have given us the option when to fly back. It is the least these disgusting corporate bastards could have done.
Inclusive Leadership sounds like a joy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Inclusive Leadership sounds like a joy.
It all depends on how it is presented.

All in all, I think diversity training has become very much like what you see in The Office.

That said, I liked what the poor little peeps at the Academy did. They tried and it was actually entertaining.

In general, the entire thing is overboard. I get it that inclusive behavior is important.

But you know what? There comes a point where you literally cannot and should not pander to ever single scar, wound, personality issue or just plain weirdness 24-7. It is just not possible. The human brain is not wired that way. And it won't be until the chips are installed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Great. This means at least two hour long Zoom meetings this week.

Being in HR, yes, Unions are teh debil.

What is worse are these grifters that are involved.

This fucking guy that organized it will be sleeping with the fishes soon.

“We had over 20 barbecues, giving out food every single week, every single day, whether it was pizza, chicken, pasta, home-cooked. We all contributed giving out books, literature, giving out free weed because it’s legal,” he said, laughing, on Friday outside the National Labor Relations Board office. “We did whatever it took to connect with those workers to make their daily lives a just a little bit easier, a little bit less stressful.”

Bezos will not tolerate this insolence.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My son comes home from his slacker job today and said he met Hakeem Nicks.

Yes, @Smitty the Hakeem Nicks. He said he was told he was a regular.

My son works part-time in our neighborhood liquor store.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It all depends on how it is presented.

All in all, I think diversity training has become very much like what you see in The Office.

That said, I liked what the poor little peeps at the Academy did. They tried and it was actually entertaining.

In general, the entire thing is overboard. I get it that inclusive behavior is important.

But you know what? There comes a point where you literally cannot and should not pander to ever single scar, wound, personality issue or just plain weirdness 24-7. It is just not possible. The human brain is not wired that way. And it won't be until the chips are installed.
All classes and people should be treated with respect and dignity.

Having said that, how many damn classes are we going to have before it is all over??!!

Top Bottom