The Job Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the work drama thread.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Hell, @shoop kinda just cut in on us.

And he did a pretty good job of answering your question.
I love HR.
So, I have been through 2 interviews for an HR generalist position that will be trained to take over for the HR manager at a clothing retailer’s DC. My second interview was the lady who would be mentoring me and we got along great. Wednesday I have a 3 hour interview with the VP, assert protection, and various levels of operations management to see how I would fit in with the team. I’m really excited but honestly a little daunted but the extended interview. Luckily I interview well and I think I have impressed this far. I think this may finally be the one I have been working towards for a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love HR.
So, I have been through 2 interviews for an HR generalist position that will be trained to take over for the HR manager at a clothing retailer’s DC. My second interview was the lady who would be mentoring me and we got along great. Wednesday I have a 3 hour interview with the VP, assert protection, and various levels of operations management to see how I would fit in with the team. I’m really excited but honestly a little daunted but the extended interview. Luckily I interview well and I think I have impressed this far. I think this may finally be the one I have been working towards for a while.
Don't worry about the interview. You will do fine if you just be yourself. If they don't like you, it is not right for you.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Say that reminds me.

I saw a blurb today that stated that according to Indeed, the #1 reason people are not taking jobs right now is because....

Fear of COVID.

Incredible.

I am a little intrigued that this seems to be leeching off the pandemic with some sort of fucking push for people to keep on with this virtual working world.

I say fuck that shit.

These motherfuckers don't want to work. And that lazy shit was around even before COVID, which means a pretty deep seeded issue with our culture in terms of work.

Pre-pandemic, I had a real idiot broad of an HR Office Manager. I had just taken my position and she immediately hits me up with a schedule proposal which would be a four day in office and one day "working from home". I laughed that shit off, she got disgruntled and she transferred to another facility and took her fucking "personal life issues" with her.

Now, I have a similar situation with the replacement. She does not feel "safe" due to the pandemic and cries that she is "high risk"....so she has filed an ADA claim to be able to work remotely.

Prove it, twat. This one will be fun. She has no health issues, nothing. Just that she has, again, issues at home.

You could say this is a scarred world because of what really has become a society full of people with idiotic anxiety.

I see more opportunists and hustlers. Ain't nothing wrong with these people.
I think most of the are just saying that so they don't have to admit they are fucking leeches.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
As an owner I have questioned why the hell I am doing what I’m doing on many occasions. I truly do not enjoy leading most people. I find it extremely frustrating. I have been undergoing a rapid growth process for the last 4 years. It has caused a lot of unforeseen problems with personnel. I have recently hired a HR manager that I hope can solve some of my problems.

I am currently experiencing a really tough HR problem with one of my business development reps. She is extremely strong willed and challenges every damn thing. I put her in her place very strongly which was returned with more aggression. She told me I was abusive towards her and clearly an abusive husband and dad. It sort of threw me for a loop so I let the HR a manager know that I was accused of being abusive. That is a serious accusation to throw out. Our HR manager took her statement and gave her a chance to make the charges documented. In the meeting she questioned if I was racist (she’s meskin) which upped the game another level. She is clearly using buzz words in an attempt to gain more power in the situation. All of this has been taken as a threat to my financial well being. The HR a manager is extremely valuable to me in this situation.

The plan going forward is to focus job performance and go from there. My wife is largely uninvolved with the business but she is the president and 50% owner. If she found out there would be one hell of a situation on our hands. Me wife is sweet but she will destroy your damn life is you f with me or our family.

@boozeman what say you?
Your best bet is to rid your company of females, except for an admin position.
I have 1 admin girl, the rest of my staff are male, and all my sub crews (numbering around 125 guys in 5-7 separate crews) are all male. The admin girl is pretty much isolated in her own wing (our office is around 8000 square feet) so she really doesn’t get to interact with the guys.

I don’t have the time or patience for that HR shit.

I also have a home building business which brings in 4-6 million a year on its own, especially right now living in the fastest growing area of the US. Fortunately everyone I deal with are subs, who have their own boss or office, and I run the residential business out of a home office. It’s almost on autopilot for the most part. But the residential is a grind- most first time buyers have no fucking idea what it takes to build or schedule during COVID, so it can be really difficult to finish a house for a client. No one knows what they want, or if they do it’s backordered for months.

On the other hand I’m real close to changing directions, focusing on property development, I’ve had an extremely good run over the last 5-6 years to where I don’t need to work at all, but I’m just someone who needs to keep busy, and developing property would keep me busy in a different way than I am now.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Your best bet is to rid your company of females, except for an admin position.
I have 1 admin girl, the rest of my staff are male, and all my sub crews (numbering around 125 guys in 5-7 separate crews) are all male. The admin girl is pretty much isolated in her own wing (our office is around 8000 square feet) so she really doesn’t get to interact with the guys.

I don’t have the time or patience for that HR shit.

I also have a home building business which brings in 4-6 million a year on its own, especially right now living in the fastest growing area of the US. Fortunately everyone I deal with are subs, who have their own boss or office, and I run the residential business out of a home office. It’s almost on autopilot for the most part. But the residential is a grind- most first time buyers have no fucking idea what it takes to build or schedule during COVID, so it can be really difficult to finish a house for a client. No one knows what they want, or if they do it’s backordered for months.

On the other hand I’m real close to changing directions, focusing on property development, I’ve had an extremely good run over the last 5-6 years to where I don’t need to work at all, but I’m just someone who needs to keep busy, and developing property would keep me busy in a different way than I am now.
We must be thinking the same thing. I’m in my first minor development project. Looking for the next one a bit bigger.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I love HR.
You’re gonna kill it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is really happening. I have had a ton of kids trying to get work that I have to turn away because they are not 21.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is really happening. I have had a ton of kids trying to get work that I have to turn away because they are not 21.
I'm trying to see the issue with this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm trying to see the issue with this.
Well, it is a big step where underage workers have usually been shielded.

They have been relegated to short shifts in the retail, grocery and the fast food industry.

At that age? 14? That kid should be in bed by 11. Yes, I realize they aren't.

I know I could use a shit ton of kids at my job. They would be like successful like coal mine workers in the 1870s in the kind of job I typically employ.

They are limber, athletic. They don't have the drama of their own family yet. They just want the cash.

Not really sure it would solve the growing problem of lazy ass capable people who would rather just sit on their fucking asses and not work.

It is weird though. My sixteen-year old has the strongest work ethic. My 23-year old is a lazy POS.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, it is a big step where underage workers have usually been shielded.

They have been relegated to short shifts in the retail, grocery and the fast food industry.

At that age? 14? That kid should be in bed by 11. Yes, I realize they aren't.

I know I could use a shit ton of kids at my job. They would be like successful like coal mine workers in the 1870s in the kind of job I typically employ.

They are limber, athletic. They don't have the drama of their own family yet. They just want the cash.

Not really sure it would solve the growing problem of lazy ass capable people who would rather just sit on their fucking asses and not work.

It is weird though. My sixteen-year old has the strongest work ethic. My 23-year old is a lazy POS.
Kids going to work as early as they can is a good thing to me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Kids going to work as early as they can is a good thing to me.
When I was was 12 my dad asked me after last day of school what my summer plans were. I said a bunch of hanging out at the public pool and chasing girls. He laughed and made me work on the fill-in concrete crew of his all summer. Having a nice chunk in a bank account when I got back to school made me excited for the next summer of work.

Cotton

Staff member
When I was was 12 my dad asked me after last day of school what my summer plans were. I said a bunch of hanging out at the public pool and chasing girls. He laughed and made me work on the fill-in concrete crew of his all summer. Having a nice chunk in a bank account when I got back to school made me excited for the next summer of work.
Around 13-14 is when I spent 2 summers hauling hay. It was hard ass work but I made decent coin.

Top Bottom