The Coronavirus Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Those damn backwards ass, hillbilly rural areas.
Be all defensive and cunty as you want. But there are countless issues with rural hospitals being unequipped to deal with this.

Take a look around.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Be all defensive and cunty as you want. But there are countless issues with rural hospitals being unequipped to deal with this.

Take a look around.
Nah you're going to have to show your work here, we're actually more prepared than any D run city

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nah you're going to have to show your work here, we're actually more prepared than any D run city
Any what run city? Are you really turning this into a "D" or "R" discussion?

Get the fuck out of here. Just stop.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Keep on disparaging flyover country meanwhile we're about to make Escape from NY a reality

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Keep on disparaging flyover country meanwhile we're about to make Escape from NY a reality
I am not "disparaging flyover country" (whatever the fuck that means).

I live in a rural area. Where I work is in an even deeper rural area. I know the people I deal with. I know even in this small community there are people who tested positive. I have workers who come to me every day and are scared from what they were told by healthcare workers. I have volunteer firemen who work in my facility as a second job that are concerned because they came in contact with someone whose grandparent was a confirmed death. They go to these local hospitals and doctors and get idiots looking at them and saying "you probably got it". That's dangerous and irresponsible. But that is reality.

I am not some liberal sitting at home and dealing with this.

Are you really going to sit here and tell me that rural areas are prepared to deal with this when it hits?

I can tell you right now, they are not.

Anything else you got?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Take a look around.
:lol
All defensive and cunty.

I like it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I am not "disparaging flyover country" (whatever the fuck that means).

I live in a rural area. Where I work is in an even deeper rural area. I know the people I deal with. I know even in this small community there are people who tested positive. I have workers who come to me every day and are scared from what they were told by healthcare workers. I have volunteer firemen who work in my facility as a second job that are concerned because they came in contact with someone whose grandparent was a confirmed death.

I am not some liberal sitting at home and dealing with this.

Are you really going to sit here and tell me that rural areas are prepared to deal with this when it hits?

I can tell you right now, they are not.

Anything else you got?
No matter the situation, you've lived it. Or know better than anybody else. On ANY subject. You are our boards self important version of Hostile.

What color balloon is your favorite?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No matter the situation, you've lived it. Or know better than anybody else. On ANY subject. You are our boards self important version of Hostile.

What color balloon is your favorite?
Wait...what?

This is the king of all insults. And yeah, you are gonna need to show your work on this, dickhead.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching LIVE PD during a national crisis is peak hilarity.

People are calling the cops because they got shitty customer service at a restaurant.

But yep, we are the smartest country in the world.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I didn’t mean to start all of this. I was mostly just trying to see if the board Doc could confirm that possibly a large percentage of reported cases are potentially bullshit.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Do you know how many ventilators there are in say a 50 mile radius of you? And how many people are in that area?
I don’t know the numbers for my area but I’m pretty sure not enough for even 10% of the possible number required according to projections.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Maybe @lostxn can answer this question, maybe not, but. . .

My wife told me she read somewhere that a woman went into the hospital fearing she had the virus, as she was showing symptoms, she was not tested. She was told she isn’t in the “high risk category”, but was told by her doctor that he was 95% sure she has COVID-19.

Now, I totally understand and trust that the doctor knows who does and doesn’t fall into the “high risk category”, so it doesn’t really bother me that she wasn’t tested.

What bothers me is, without a positive test for the virus, she now becomes a statistic, as well as her husband and children and anyone else she has been in close contact with over the last few 7-10 days.

Does that sound right, @lostxn ? Are the numbers we’re seeing padded in some cases by estimates based off of a hunch?
Yes, I pointed that out in my latest rant. The numbers are shit. I wouldn't say the numbers are padded, I would say they are understated because the woman was not counted. But maybe that's what you're saying.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I didn’t mean to start all of this. I was mostly just trying to see if the board Doc could confirm that possibly a large percentage of reported cases are potentially bullshit.
Just the opposite. The only people counted are the ones who have been tested. We don't have 100,000 cases in the US. It's probably more like 1/2 million. On the plus side, the kill rate is probably not as bad as 3.4%. But who knows? When people show up dead you don't always know why.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As far as being prepared for this... Um, nobody was prepared for this. In the world. (Except maybe South Korea.)

It wouldn't even make sense to have 10 or 20x the usual number of necessary ventilators available just sitting around for a once in a 100 year event.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As far as being prepared for this... Um, nobody was prepared for this. In the world. (Except maybe South Korea.)

It wouldn't even make sense to have 10 or 20x the usual number of necessary ventilators available just sitting around for a once in a 100 year event.
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!

~monkey noises, scratching armpits~

Top Bottom