The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

BipolarFuk

Demoted
right, a white gal pointing her finger is the equivalent of burning down businesses in Ferguson (cop acquitted) and Baltimore (cops acquitted).
You fucking hill jacks really are dense, aren't you?

The point is that anyone of color can't even protest peacefully and you motherfuckers take it as an attack.

midswat

... soon
I wonder if the guy calling everyone who disagreed with him a "hilljack" would be cool with people disagreeing with him calling him a "porch monkey?"

Both terms have racist connotations.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

The point is that anyone of color can't even protest peacefully and you motherfuckers take it as an attack.
Kaep: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." That's not attacking the United States?? I've got news for you: normal people don't like "look at me" protests during the national anthem that dishonor the military and insult this country and all who live here. And they especially don't like a league which turns a blind eye to all of this yet won't allow the Cowboys to honor slain cops. Kaepernick started this fight, not Trump.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wonder if the guy calling everyone who disagreed with him a "hilljack" would be cool with people disagreeing with him calling him a "porch monkey?"

Both terms have racist connotations.
Dems have nothing but contempt for the common man, which is how they got Trump.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With a few people maybe, but I absolutely hate the whole "white people" and "black people" theme. You can't say "white people" and lump me in with a bunch of morons I wouldn't have anything to do with. And I know black people or Hispanic people or any other color/ethnicity feels the same.

It's just good old fashioned leftist identity politics, and it sucks that so many people buy in to it.
Agreed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a result, move this thread to DCC RAW section. There's a time and place.

If I go to read what's going around the league, I don't wanna read about proper etiquette for porch monkeys and hill jacks kneeling.
I support this post.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As a result, move this thread to DCC RAW section. There's a time and place.

If I go to read what's going around the league, I don't wanna read about proper etiquette for porch monkeys and hill jacks kneeling.
Good point.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Again, there's a time and place. If he hated on cops on Twitter or Facebook, he may have lost some endorsements, but fans wouldn't have stopped watching the games. When you hijack an event and subject a captive audience to a political message, you cross the line. If I go to a home rebuilding seminar, I don't wanna hear a diatribe about abortion from pro-lifers. If I go to a Springsteen concert, I don't wanna hear a 15 minute lecture on the evils of the GOP. Has Kaep tried picketing outside a police station? That would seem to be a good (and logical) place to start.
Agree. Tell me your troubles in a manner that isn't destructive and in my face. Awareness to others circumstances can be accomplished without creating havoc and destroying others properties. Riots and violence in the street doesn't garner much sympathy from me. I'm sure the innocent people whose property is destroyed didn't wish to be the purveyor of the cause at the cost of their on acquired and worked for holdings.

As to the individuals that attempt to convey a message in a peaceful manner don't denigrate the things that are dear to the hearts of audience you are attempting to persuade.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

You are so full of horseshit that you are a delusional.

midswat

... soon
Props and respect to the amigos in Denver.

Cotton

Staff member
At least two Bills players plan to continue kneeling during anthem
5:20 PM CT
Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- After approximately a dozen Buffalo Bills players knelt during the national anthem before Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos, at least two of them have committed to continuing to kneel this week against the Atlanta Falcons.

Here is what 10 of those players said in the locker room Wednesday about their plans:

Planning to kneel:

CB Shareece Wright: "I plan on taking a knee. As long as I have the support of this organization, I'm going to continue to take a knee. They open the doors. We had an hour conversation with the owner and his wife was there, the head coach, the general manager. They're open to it. That's one thing about this organization: They're about the players. They know. They know how important it is to us. They know we have a life outside of football and they respect that. This is our job and we put all of our time, most of our time in it. I spend more time here than I do with my own family. So this is important, also. We also have a world we have to live in outside of these doors and outside the Bills' logo."

WR Kaelin Clay: "I will be taking a knee for the rest of the season. Whoever feels the way they feel about it, that's their right. But I also have mine as well. I'm going to continue to take my knee, and that's that."

Planning to stand:

OLB Lorenzo Alexander: "I don't plan to kneel. I was kneeling to support the guys that decided to do it. I think it was a handful of guys, six or seven guys, really in response to President Trump's remarks. Like I mentioned before, with the backdrop of Charlottesville and kind of how gray his comments were when dealing with racism right in your face, it was more out of that -- to support the guys that were doing it in a productive, peaceful way. But moving forward I'll continue to stand. And like also, like most of the guys, I'll continue to do work in the community and try to be productive as far as keeping this conversation going and not just kneeling as a symbol but being proactive as well and keeping the conversation going."

DE Ryan Davis: "The knee I took on Sunday was kind of a one-off thing. I had to show my family and my community who I'm with. Because for me, as a person, I'm very to myself. I'm not political by any means. I hate it. But at the same time, I just felt the conviction to kneel with my brothers because I agree with [Colin] Kaepernick, I loved everything about his stance. It was commendable. And knowing the history behind everything with the anthem, I kind of wanted to show my family who I am and the community whose side I was, so to speak. I think I'll stand not because of the anthem. I won't sing it. I won't put my hand over my heart. I'll stand because nobody in my family has been on this level. I'm standing for my daughter and my future son. I'm standing for me, because I've never been in this position. I came into this league, fought for everything to get to this point. So if you see me standing, that's why I'm standing."

DE Shaq Lawson: "I'll definitely stand. Continue to stand. I just did that (kneeling) at the time because I felt disrespect. I personally took a knee because I'm the son of a queen, not a son of a -- you know what I'm saying? I kind of took that part personally. I'll continue standing, and I'll always stand for our country. It wasn't nothing anything the people who was over [in] the war. My great-grandpa was in the war, so I have a lot of respect for all that. It was just the thing that the President said, about the son of a."

No decision yet:

RB LeSean McCoy: "I haven’t thought about that. Like I said before, that was last week. I think there’s a lot of, if you see around the whole NFL, [players] kind of took the President’s words and really expressed themselves. Some teams didn’t even come out for the national anthem. Guys were just extremely hurt, like myself. This week, we really want to get back to just playing football and focus in and I guess we’ll go over that with the council and see with the team, how we feel together and where we’ll go for the future."

RB Mike Tolbert: "I haven't [made a decision]. It's not something that I take lightly. Obviously I still need to talk it over with my wife, my family. Because it doesn't only affect me, if affects my son, who has to grow up in this world, too. I'm not a guy that's afraid to be himself and stand up for what I believe in. I'll have to have that conversation with her and some more key people in my life. We'll decide what's the best case. I'm not opposed to kneeling again, I'm not opposed to kneeling for the rest of the season, the rest of my career if I have to."

DT Marcell Dareus: "We'll see how the rest of the season goes. I haven't decided."

WR Jordan Matthews: "For me personally moving on, I do not know. I would say right now, my initial feeling is to just go ahead and stand. Because I'm already moving on to the next [thing]. You see my conviction. You see what I care about. You see what matters to me. Now how do I turn that into action. How do I move and continue to push this whole movement forward. Not just on one side -- with our community, the black community -- but everywhere. White people, policemen. [How] do we bring everyone together."

CB Leonard Johnson: "I'm going to continue to stand for what I believe is true to my heart and true to my family's heart, and hopefully we can get this thing rectified. I talk to my mother before every game, and I kind of take her advice. Whatever she decides is best with the least amount of distraction with the team and to myself, that's what we'll probably end up doing."

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

You mean like you just did because some here don't agree with you? I've never been called a jack hill before but I'm sure it's derogatory, and I know MFer is sooooo. This just proves the point I've come to believe that when a leftist runs out of decent counters they turn to calling names or labeling people (racist for example) they don't agree with. Thank you again for confirming my faith in the left. :buddy

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Kaep: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." That's not attacking the United States?? I've got news for you: normal people don't like "look at me" protests during the national anthem that dishonor the military and insult this country and all who live here. And they especially don't like a league which turns a blind eye to all of this yet won't allow the Cowboys to honor slain cops. Kaepernick started this fight, not Trump.
:lol

Take a step back and read this again.

This fucking rube thinks that a kinda black guy kneels during the anthem to protest police brutality and it is an attack on MURCA!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bar With Homemade 'Lynch Kaepernick' Doormat Can't Figure Out Why Everyone Is Calling It Racist
HuffPost Ryan Grenoble,HuffPost 9 hours ago
Reactions Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Question: When is a doormat not a doormat?

Answer: When the “doormat” is just two NFL jerseys taped side by side on the ground so they read “Lynch Kaepernick.”

A Lake Ozark, Missouri, bar named SNAFU (yes, really) is living up to its name this week, after strategically affixing the Marshawn Lynch and Colin Kaepernick jerseys to the sidewalk outside the bar’s entrance.

Passerby Taylor Sloan noticed the display on Sunday and called out the bar on Facebook.

“There’s a reason why the NAACP issued a travel warning for Missouri,” Sloan wrote in the post, alongside a photo of the doormat. “Pretty obvious the lack of professionalism at this bar. You lost my business the moment you decided to showcase this kind of behavior.”

(Facebook)
SNAFU owner Jason Burle responded, and the two proceeded to engage in a passionate back and forth on the merits of the display:

(Facebook)
In a follow-up interview with KOMU, Burle said his bar caters to and honors veterans of the armed forces. He crafted the “doormat” in response to former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Kaepernick’s pregame protest, which he finds disrespectful.

Kaepernick began taking a knee during the national anthem before games last year to raise awareness of racial inequity and police brutality in America.

Lynch returned from retirement in the 2017 season and sparked notice when he sat during the national anthem during his first preseason game. His coach said the running back told him he’s been sitting during the anthem for the past 11 years. Lynch later refused to answer reporters’ questions about it.

Last Sunday, in response to President Donald Trump labeling players who protest “sons of bitches” and calling on NFL owners to fire them, more than 200 players engaged in protests that emulated Kaepernick’s.

Burle said he doesn’t understand why so many people found his display to be deeply racist. Nevertheless, he has since reversed the jerseys to read “Kaepernick Lynch,” instead of the other way around.

“It’s not a race thing,” he told KOMO. “A lot of people want to twist it around to be a race thing.”

Sloan told HuffPost he welcomed the repositioning of the jerseys into a slightly less offensive position, but noted the issue is far, far bigger than many people realize.

This is bigger than me or him, it’s about racism so systemic that some don’t even acknowledge it happening.
“It saddens me to see that kind of behavior, albeit out of ignorance or not,” Sloan told HuffPost Thursday.

“This is bigger than me or him, it’s about racism so systemic that some don’t even acknowledge it happening, or disguising it as patriotism ― which in their mind is absolute.”

SNAFU didn’t respond to calls and Facebook messages from HuffPost seeking clarification.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

I mostly posted this because the bar happens to be in the same town I live. But the story seems to be catching a lot of traction.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
HERSCHEL WALKER - I'M WITH TRUMP NFL Should Ban Kneeling

Herschel Walker says Donald Trump is RIGHT when it comes to national anthem protests -- saying the NFL needs to impose rules banning players from kneeling during The Star-Spangled Banner.

Walker has been a Trump supporter from the beginning -- and while he says they don't agree on everything, he's HAPPY Donald is sticking to his guns on the anthem issue.

The ex-NFL superstar says if anyone should fight for Americans to stand up for the flag, it's the President.

Walker says he's not trying to minimize the issue of racism in America, or police brutality -- in fact, Herschel says he'll gladly protest WITH activists after the season is over.

But the bottom line for Herschel ... the NFL is a business and Roger Goodell needs to keep his workers in line.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/29/herschel-walker-donald-trump-nfl-national-anthem-protest/

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why should there be any compromise to the national anthem and symbol. If some wants to show solidarity to a cause do it after the game. The cameras are still there.

Top Bottom