The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
At the football game tonight and almost nobody moved from the crowded stands. Like nobody. It felt like everyone was super aware of the situation because the band was playing. Country towns rule.
Never heard that song before. Country Town Rules that is.

midswat

... soon
Get what now?

Masses were against the ignorant protest long before trump weighed in.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From that article:

They explain exactly why they detained him, explain why they were suspicious of his behavior and then, and this is maybe the most amazing part of this entire story — THEY LET HIM GO AFTER HE IDENTIFIES HIMSELF AS AN NFL PLAYER EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO ID ON HIM.

“No, man, my name is Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks, look it up,” Bennett says when asked for ID.

He told the cops to look him up on their phones!

And the cops looked him up on Google images and let him go based on that ID.

Talk about privilege!

Quite interesting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From that article:

They explain exactly why they detained him, explain why they were suspicious of his behavior and then, and this is maybe the most amazing part of this entire story — THEY LET HIM GO AFTER HE IDENTIFIES HIMSELF AS AN NFL PLAYER EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO ID ON HIM.

“No, man, my name is Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks, look it up,” Bennett says when asked for ID.

He told the cops to look him up on their phones!

And the cops looked him up on Google images and let him go based on that ID.

Talk about privilege!

Quite interesting.
The guy might be an ass but he doesn't deserve a suspension either.

Cotton

Staff member
The guy might be an ass but he doesn't deserve a suspension either.
I don't think he should be suspended. But, he damn sure should be publicly shamed for this. We don't need this right now.

But, he won't be.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Actually, the guy lied to the national media to make a local police department look bad and to further a cause that is based on BS. I believe the league should suspend him for lying or conduct detrimental to the league or some such. The fact that the league is by proxy supporting a cause these morons are protesting for and then one of the main guys has to lie to try and increase attention to it and then gets caught in that lie? Looks like shit for all of them,

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kneeling during the anthem is fine by me, that is our givennright. This became a huge topic again because our fucking moron of a president brought it up...obviously. I see lots of people on FB and other social media that it is an insult to vets...as a vet, fuck off. It does not offend me at all and I find it to be quite healthy. People are talking about uncomfortable topics now, so tensions will be high. That is a good thing.

I sure hope the super loud protestors who watch the game are standing up for the anthem at home...shouldn't matter if they are there or not. They may drip nacho sauce on their jeans shorts when they do it, but America!

kidd

DCC 4Life
Kneeling during the anthem is fine by me, that is our givennright. This became a huge topic again because our fucking moron of a president brought it up...obviously. I see lots of people on FB and other social media that it is an insult to vets...as a vet, fuck off. It does not offend me at all and I find it to be quite healthy. People are talking about uncomfortable topics now, so tensions will be high. That is a good thing.

I sure hope the super loud protestors who watch the game are standing up for the anthem at home...shouldn't matter if they are there or not. They may drip nacho sauce on their jeans shorts when they do it, but America!
As a fellow vet, I agree that it is their right. I also agree that if someone wants to show their displeasure with this protest, it's also their right.

My whole issue with this protest is that I think it's for the wrong reasons.

Colin Kaepernik was a third string bench warmer who had become irrelevant so he decides to become relevant again bt sitting out the anthem for a false narrative that his wife or girlfriend has put in his head. Now others have followed suit because they believe what CNN puts in front of them. Then, as you said, our president decides to weigh in on something that's really none of his business and makes it worse.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

no, it's not a "given right" to disrespect the flag in uniform. it's only a right if the owners allow it, and they inexplicably have. if they're under the impression that the flag stands for police brutality or the general oppression of blacks, then that's a million times more offensive than kneeling.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
no, it's not a "given right" to disrespect the flag in uniform. it's only a right if the owners allow it, and they inexplicably have. if they're under the impression that the flag stands for police brutality or the general oppression of blacks, then that's a million times more offensive than kneeling.
Correct. This is a workplace issue and should be dealt with in that manner. Every citizen has constitutional rights but at the same time there are mitigating circumstance to every constitutional right and the legal system has determined that employers have rights and moreso in a capacity of ownership rights. The NFL is an employer and has dictates over players behavior when they are engaged by the league as an employee. In fact there are ratified bylaws that deal with the very issues of how to observe and react the the national anthem and the matters of observances .

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If they don’t comply with their own rules this would be the second best thing. Anyone wanting to protest can do it in the locker room away from the cameras.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Just when you think this administration couldn't be more cuntish....

So the VP goes to the football game saying he will leave if players kneel, and yeah, some players kneel.

VP leaves in a political stunt to rile up the fucktard window lickers that cheer no matter what they do.

Cotton

Staff member
So, ESPN suspends Jemele Hill for telling people to boycott Jerry Jones for threatening to sit his players if they kneeled but did nothing when she called the President a white supremacist. Makes perfect sense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It does.

ESPN's chain of kow towing:

1) The League.

2) Liberals.

Top Bottom