The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jesus H Christ. How fucking stupid do you have to be to demonize people honoring our Anthem? This is EXACTLY why Trump won and will win again if they keep this stupid shit up.
But they're earning mad virtue points at their next cocktail party.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The commish thinks times have changed, it doesn't apply anymore apparently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The commish thinks times have changed, it doesn't apply anymore apparently.
It is still the existing rule regardless of what the Commish thinks. And it is compatible with other work place laws.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

in response to this

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
Saw on social media how some scumbag went to the tomb of the unknown soldier and knelt during taps.

Give me a break.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

in response to this

It's not a workplace for those who are booing.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
right, a white gal pointing her finger is the equivalent of burning down businesses in Ferguson (cop acquitted) and Baltimore (cops acquitted).

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You know what's ironic about that meme? The same people who slammed her for defying federal law are now defying federal law like crazy when to comes to illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities. Why it's almost as if they're a bunch of hypocrites.
It's kinda like both sides are totally full of shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
right, a white gal pointing her finger is the equivalent of burning down businesses in Ferguson (cop acquitted) and Baltimore (cops acquitted).
It's a stupid meme and an exaggeration for sure, but there is truth in there somewhere.

I pointed it out already in the other day, but there is a certain population of white people who don't care for the protests no matter what fashion it is presented in....and lots of times, they'll say things like Dabo Sweeney did about how it isn't the right time or place or some other such nonsense.

The whole idea of a protest is to make people uncomfortable. Greg Popovich touched on this very subject just the other day.

The truth of the matter is there are lots of people who want others to protest in a corner somewhere that doesn't interfere with their everyday lives in any way. And these are exactly the type of people who are deaf to the real issues that affect people from other communities and social statuses.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It's a stupid meme and an exaggeration for sure, but there is truth in there somewhere.

I pointed it out already in the other day, but there is a certain popular of white people who don't care for the protests no matter what fashion it is presented in....and lots of times, they'll say things like Dabo Sweeney did about how it isn't the right time or place or some other such nonsense.

The whole idea of a protest is to make people uncomfortable. Greg Popovich touched on this very subject just the other day.

The truth of the matter is there are lots of people who want others to protest in a corner somewhere that doesn't interfere with their everyday lives in any way. And these are exactly the type of people who are deaf to the real issues that affect people from other communities and social statuses.
Again, there's a time and place. If he hated on cops on Twitter or Facebook, he may have lost some endorsements, but fans wouldn't have stopped watching the games. When you hijack an event and subject a captive audience to a political message, you cross the line. If I go to a home rebuilding seminar, I don't wanna hear a diatribe about abortion from pro-lifers. If I go to a Springsteen concert, I don't wanna hear a 15 minute lecture on the evils of the GOP. Has Kaep tried picketing outside a police station? That would seem to be a good (and logical) place to start.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Again, there's a time and place. If he hated on cops on Twitter or Facebook, he may have lost some endorsements, but fans wouldn't have stopped watching the games. When you hijack an event and subject a captive audience to a political message, you cross the line. If I go to a home rebuilding seminar, I don't wanna hear a diatribe about abortion from pro-lifers. If I go to a Springsteen concert, I don't wanna hear a 15 minute lecture on the evils of the GOP. Has Kaep tried picketing outside a police station? That would seem to be a good (and logical) place to start.
Kaep is an idiot so I'm not going to even acknowledge that buffoon. As for the rest, what you're saying makes sense in theory but it's not that easy.

As I've said, if they rally in their local communities or even go down to City Hall, it makes for newspaper talk but soon after it's all forgotten. But notice how what they are doing now is in the news every single day and is forcing people to both confront and talk about this issue?

Look at how often we're talking about it here.

So I'm not saying football is the perfect platform, I'm simply saying that if you go back through history, you'll find that certain groups have to go to great lengths to get people to pay attention to what's going on.

BLM are reverse-racism morons that should be wiped off the planet. So them hijacking freeways and burning down businesses does nothing but make people take an even firmer stance against them. So what option does that leave honest people from the black community who genuinely want their cries for equality and social justice heard?

Use the best peaceful platform available to them to shove it in people's faces.

That's what they are doing now, and I can completely understand it even if I don't completely agree with it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaep is an idiot so I'm not going to even acknowledge that buffoon. As for the rest, what you're saying makes sense in theory but it's not that easy.

As I've said, if they rally in their local communities or even go down to City Hall, it makes for newspaper talk but soon after it's all forgotten. But notice how what they are doing now is in the news every single day and is forcing people to both confront and talk about this issue?
Talk about the issue yes. Forcing the sides even further apart also yes.

And if someone like Kaepernick were to sit outside a police station in protest you'd get a hell of a lot more attention then you're saying. But of course pissing off over half the country like Kaep has done is going to be more effective at getting it in the news nationally for longer. I'm just not sure that pissing that many people off does anything to accomplish a goal of equal rights and friendly streets. If anything it exacerbates the situation in the same way that the protests in St. Louis have done nothing but falsely reinforced the stereotype of the angry, scary black man. If you want cops to stop acting like they will be shot after every black person they pull over, sending a bunch of angry black people to the streets to destroy shit isn't going to do anything but make those police that much more trigger happy.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's completely like that, and worse. They are engaged like little kids in a "oh, yeah..." duel, it doesn't matter if we're wrong on this, because you are wrong on that, we're doing wrong, but it's ok because you did wrong...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Look at how often we're talking about it here.

So I'm not saying football is the perfect platform, I'm simply saying that if you go back through history, you'll find that certain groups have to go to great lengths to get people to pay attention to what's going on.

BLM are reverse-racism morons that should be wiped off the planet. So them hijacking freeways and burning down businesses does nothing but make people take an even firmer stance against them. So what option does that leave honest people from the black community who genuinely want their cries for equality and social justice heard?

Use the best peaceful platform available to them to shove it in people's faces.

That's what they are doing now, and I can completely understand it even if I don't completely agree with it.
How does that win over adherents? If anything, white normies really hate black people now - especially spoiled millionaires who have the gall to claim victimhood. In this age of social media, where everyone has a voice, there are numerous ways to get your message across without taking advantage of your employer or the audience.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
For the record, that Kentucky clerk was wrong to defy federal law. Ditto Judge Moore with that 10 Commandments controversy. It's depressing the Republicans can't find someone to run for office down there who's conservative but not a defiant religious nut.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
With a few people maybe, but I absolutely hate the whole "white people" and "black people" theme. You can't say "white people" and lump me in with a bunch of morons I wouldn't have anything to do with. And I know black people or Hispanic people or any other color/ethnicity feels the same.

It's just good old fashioned leftist identity politics, and it sucks that so many people buy in to it.

Top Bottom