Sturm: You Do Not Have To Talk Me Into Mike Zimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I dunno about improving. We had legitimate top-5 defenses in both 2021 & 2022 and were able to shut down SF in the playoffs in 22. We got embarrassed against GB obviously, but it can be easily argued that the personnel was a big factor in that.
We might have “shut down” SFs offense in 22 but the D didn’t stop them when they had to get the ball back. Couldn’t stop the run, couldn’t stop the pass.

If PT Barnum and his band of Tards are serious about getting to a SB they’ve gotta give a lot of attention and money to the weak areas we all know about.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
However this plays out, I don't know why Belichick appears in the discussion at all. I doubt he's the silver bullet everyone thinks he is, and the people in Atlanta said no to his demand for total control. Sure as hell Jerry wouldn't dream of turning the keys over to Belichick or any coach.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
However this plays out, I don't know why Belichick appears in the discussion at all. I doubt he's the silver bullet everyone thinks he is, and the people in Atlanta said no to his demand for total control. Sure as hell Jerry wouldn't dream of turning the keys over to Belichick or any coach.
He SAID he would have no problem working with him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
He SAID he would have no problem working with him.
You're right: Jerry SAID he would have no problem because he'd relish the headlines and media buzz a flirtation with Belichick would generate -- relevancy! Jerry craves it more than anything.

But of course he couldn't work with him, and would never cede anywhere near the control Belichick wants.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Anyone here really want Bill with total control of the roster?
I don't want Bill here in any capacity but I guess a DC could be ok if I had to. No way do I want him doing the grocery shopping.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You guys are pissing Simp off.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I think Belichick's time has passed. He handled Brady's exit poorly and stumbled badly after that.

I don't know why a guy like that wouldn't just do a Jimmy Johnson and retire to south Florida. What else does he have to prove?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You're right: Jerry SAID he would have no problem because he'd relish the headlines and media buzz a flirtation with Belichick would generate -- relevancy! Jerry craves it more than anything.

But of course he couldn't work with him, and would never cede anywhere near the control Belichick wants.

For the record, Bellichick said recently that he doesn't need total control.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Bill's never getting that again, regardless of where he ends up.

True, probably not.

Hypothetically I think the structure we have here would be fine with him, where he has a say in the roster, maybe even a strong say, if not total control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom