Rapoport: Sean Payton Stepping Down As Saints HC

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Pretty big asterisk there considering the only reason the 2018 Saints didn't make it was a blown call that precipitated a rule change.
Saints had the ball first in OT and still lost. Maybe we don't need a rule change after all.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Mike Florio says we had a deal worked out for Payton a few years ago but the female Saints owner nixed it at the last second.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike Florio says we had a deal worked out for Payton a few years ago but the female Saints owner nixed it at the last second.
Yeah over something really fucking silly. She seems like an odd duck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was supposedly over Anthony Davis asking out of New Orleans and Loomis, who was also like an interim GM of the Pelicans for whatever reason, didn't want to be known for the city losing beloved franchise cornerstones in both sports.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It was supposedly over Anthony Davis asking out of New Orleans and Loomis, who was also like an interim GM of the Pelicans for whatever reason, didn't want to be known for the city losing beloved franchise cornerstones in both sports.
Blame Lebron, the big Cowboys fan, for demanding Davis.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We did say that about Bill Cowher once upon a time though.
True but Cowher had a lot more going on with his family than Payton has. Cowher was more of a fan hope than a Jerry Jones target.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We did say that about Bill Cowher once upon a time though.
Bill Cowher also never had a personal relationship with Jerry/Stephen spanning damn near 20 years. Nor were there legitimate reports from NFL media types that Cowher was all but done to Dallas just a few years ago, like there have been with Payton.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Don't tease me, bro.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bill Cowher also never had a personal relationship with Jerry/Stephen spanning damn near 20 years. Nor were there legitimate reports from NFL media types that Cowher was all but done to Dallas just a few years ago, like there have been with Payton.
I just mean about Cowher returning to the NFL.

Top Bottom