Rapoport: Sean Payton Stepping Down As Saints HC

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Take our boy genius before Jerry promotes him!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah. That'll certainly help the team to fucking focus next season.

Get ready for a retarded shit show from the media all year long. And the more retarded of our fanbase.
Fuck 'em, if the entire coaching staff/roster hadn't laid a massive fucking egg in a home playoff game this wouldn't be as much of a conversation. They deserve what they get, especially the coaches.

14 penalties in your first playoff game, after leading the league in penalties all season, is arguably a fire-able offense on it's face.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck 'em, if the entire coaching staff/roster hadn't laid a massive fucking egg in a home playoff game this wouldn't be as much of a conversation. They deserve what they get, especially the coaches.

14 penalties in your first playoff game, after leading the league in penalties all season, is arguably a fire-able offense on it's face.
Bullshit. If we were playing in the NFCC this weekend, there would still be idiots out there speculating that Sean Payton was headed to Dallas.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah. That'll certainly help the team to fucking focus next season.

Get ready for a shit show from the media all year long. And the more retarded of our fanbase.

If we have a good year again hopefully it won't be too bad.

If we struggle, sweet baby Jesus on a camel in a onesie help us.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
at what point could we hire him without forking over compensation? 2023?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bullshit. If we were playing in the NFCC this weekend, there would still be idiots out there speculating that Sean Payton was headed to Dallas.
Those people would be morons then.

Since we aren't, the people speculating are being perfectly logical.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So we're back on the fire-the-coach-every-three-years plan, even when one of those is a lost cause because of injuries? While that redheaded jackass got a decade?

How many years games would it take before fans wanted Payton fired?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we have a good year again hopefully it won't be too bad.

If we struggle, sweet baby Jesus on a camel in a onesie help us.
With Payton out there I'd rather struggle and get a top 10 pick than have a repeat of this past season. In either scenario McCarthy would be gone, but I'd rather get a top 10 pick than deal with another slop horse shit amateur playoff performance like this last one.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Good lord, the media and fan speculation is going to be unbearable.
Sure is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the homer type who excuses everything (obviously), but I also don't want us to turn into Philly fans who get as much pleasure out of putting the current coach's head on a pike as they do playing and winning games.

And hey, Payton is obviously a very good coach. I'd be more than fine with him here. But let's not act like that would stop all the coaching griping and speculation for good so we could move on to other things. Because it wouldn't.

Top Bottom