Quinn Succession Planning

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Most likely a click-bait headline, but there is a "rumor" out there that the Cowboys have an "interest" in Ron Rivera as a DC candidate if Quinn leaves.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I said before the playoffs started that I got the sense that Quinn had peaked here, and that he probably felt similarly, which is why he'd be more open to HC openings.

He adjusted his scheme a good bit after getting fired in Atlanta, and he got a bit lucky falling into a talent like Parsons, but I think the league has started to pick up on how to attack what he's put together here. I'm fine keeping him another season just because it may be a lame duck year and he's still a solid DC, but the guy shouldn't be in any HC conversations given how this past season ended.

And it wasn't just the Green Bay game, the defense was too boom/bust all year, they were either getting splashy turnovers/sacks or teams were slowly driving the ball on them as the defense kind of gave up free 4-5 yard chunks at a time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If it's just going to be Whitt, might as well just keep Quinn.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If it's just going to be Whitt, might as well just keep Quinn.
Why does Whitt have to be no better than Quinn? Has he proven to be incapable, or are you saying he’s basically a Quinn clone?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why does Whitt have to be no better than Quinn? Has he proven to be incapable, or are you saying he’s basically a Quinn clone?
He's never done it before, and he could be worse.

If Quinn couldn't do it, I was hoping for a whole new approach. Whitt probably wouldn't change much.

p1_

DCC 4Life

no succession, no plan. Same old, same old.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Because it's one thing if you are happy with him but you have to replace him after he gets a promotion elsewhere, but it's a little retarded to fire a guy and then replace him with an underling from the failed regime. (~staringatGarrett~)

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agree. His defense held an all timer QB to 17 pts in a championship game.

The Chiefs offense was held to 20 or fewer points 9 times this season.

Mahomes is great but that offense as a whole was decidedly not an all timer this season.

Top Bottom