Quinn Succession Planning

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Ben Johnson decision is one of the more rational, level-headed things I've seen in a while.
I don’t think anyone wants to go there unless they can prove they can clean up the shit culture.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don’t think anyone wants to go there unless they can prove they can clean up the shit culture.
Wait until that glorious day it happens for us.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
If it's just going to be Whitt, might as well just keep Quinn.
If Quinn leaves, the issue in attracting a new DC will be the same as it will be for FAs (not that they go after FAs anyway). Knowing the HC is a dead man walking and the regime will probably change after 2024, who wants to get aboard a sinking ship? That's why Whitt may be their only option.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Quinn leaves, the issue in attracting a new DC will be the same as it will be for FAs (not that they go after FAs anyway). Knowing the HC is a dead man walking and the regime will probably change after 2024, who wants to get aboard a sinking ship? That's why Whitt may be their only option.
We are not attracting anybody. Whitt likely stays on the sinking ship with Fat Mike.

The only real concern is if guys like Whitt or even Harris are out of contract.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
We are not attracting anybody. Whitt likely stays on the sinking ship with Fat Mike.

Same principle applies to Cowboys FAs. Get while the getting is good or go down with the ship as it slowly sinks?

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I have no idea where you think you are going with this discussion.
As John McEnroe would say, you can't be serious. Are you suggesting that the posts on this thread actually have to lead to some logical point?

If so, I'm just trying to highlight the fact that Jerry has painted the franchise into a corner for at least another year -- probably longer. It would be a miracle if 2024 turned out any better than 2023, at which point you'll have a fired HC and a QB making a fortune who chokes in big games. So they'll have to hire a new HC and staff, and figure out how to accommodate the under performing QB's astronomical hit against the cap. Somehow I don't trust Jerry to manage that process with any dexterity at all, which will prolong the futility and failure into the near future at least.

I realize that all this may have been pointed out before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I wouldn't go that far. I mean a year of money and a year to prove that you're a great coordinator are valuable opportunities to some coaches. In the coaching world of the NFL nothing is promised beyond a year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow. That's surprising. I have no idea why they'd choose him, honestly. He won't have Shanahan and an all-star offensive staff this time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well what were the other guys they were looking at? The Lions OC was their best shot and he said no.
I thought Aaron Glenn. I'd take him before Quinn.

I like DQ as DC, but as HC it's a very uninspiring hire. I bet the fans are pissed.

Top Bottom