Quinn Succession Planning

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a far better weapon as a rusher. Off the ball, he is not nearly as game wrecking. He is a chase player not someone I want stacking and filling. The issue is partially his diagnostic abilities.
OLBer sure, part time LBer sure, but the guy is best rushing forward and trying to make a play. What we need is a heady LBer and to give Parsons more rest throughout the season. I do think we need to do a better job keeping him fresh.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
It's been heard before, but HE'S TOO FUCKING SMALL TO RUSH THE PASSER 80% OF THE TIME.

When he's a physical wreck by 30, the hand wringing here will be....."shoulda kept him at LB".

Guy was a great OFF BALL lb in college, but that's not good enough for this team that has ZERO talent at that very same position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been heard before, but HE'S TOO FUCKING SMALL TO RUSH THE PASSER 80% OF THE TIME.

When he's a physical wreck by 30, the hand wringing here will be....."shoulda kept him at LB".

Guy was a great OFF BALL lb in college, but that's not good enough for this team that has ZERO talent at that very same position.
He is a game wrecker rushing the passer. If you want to move the best pass rusher in the NFL to LBer fulltime have a go at it. But his legacy will be reduced significantly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
we better not be counting on LVE and Overshown to be the saviors. There better be an infusion of talent.
I liked what I saw from Overshown in preseason. The good news is he should have had plenty of time to rehab but he is coming off an injury. LVE we just need to forget he is even there. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired but the neck isn't getting any better. You can't count on him being available at the end of the season. So you have to bring in a substantial LBer or two.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I liked what I saw from Overshown in preseason. The good news is he should have had plenty of time to rehab but he is coming off an injury. LVE we just need to forget he is even there. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired but the neck isn't getting any better. You can't count on him being available at the end of the season. So you have to bring in a substantial LBer or two.
yeah, weve seen how ACL's take time to heal completely. It's slow.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I like what I saw from Overshown too but it would be foolish to count on anything from a guy who has never played in a meaningful NFL game and is coming off of a major year long injury. He needs to be regarded as a bonus not someone who we can unquestionably slot into major snaps.

We need at least 2 meaningful LBs, maybe 3.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
He is a game wrecker rushing the passer. If you want to move the best pass rusher in the NFL to LBer fulltime have a go at it. But his legacy will be reduced significantly.
But he's not the best pass rusher in the NFL. He might be for the first half of the season, then he declines significantly. Why? BECAUSE HE'S TOO FUCKING SMALL

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he's not the best pass rusher in the NFL. He might be for the first half of the season, then he declines significantly. Why? BECAUSE HE'S TOO FUCKING SMALL
He is the best pass rusher period. The guy destroys people to the point that the only thing they can do is tackle him. I'm not holding that against him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like what I saw from Overshown too but it would be foolish to count on anything from a guy who has never played in a meaningful NFL game and is coming off of a major year long injury. He needs to be regarded as a bonus not someone who we can unquestionably slot into major snaps.

We need at least 2 meaningful LBs, maybe 3.
I don't know about bonus. That makes it feel like we should just write the guy off because he got hurt as a rookie. But I agree to the extent that I wouldn't pencil him in for a starting spot. I'd pencil him in for a roster spot, maybe even special teams. And if you want to count on him to play in sub packages that's great. But I wouldn't count on him saving the LBer spot or anything. I wouldn't even count on him being a top 2 LBer on the team next year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't know about bonus. That makes it feel like we should just write the guy off because he got hurt as a rookie. But I agree to the extent that I wouldn't pencil him in for a starting spot. I'd pencil him in for a roster spot, maybe even special teams. And if you want to count on him to play in sub packages that's great. But I wouldn't count on him saving the LBer spot or anything. I wouldn't even count on him being a top 2 LBer on the team next year.
Meaning we’ve got work to do on LB position, via FA and the draft . Without fail.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meaning we’ve got work to do on LB position, via FA and the draft . Without fail.
Yeah I'm looking at this thing as getting one free agent quality starting LBer. Draft a guy. So that you have like Eichenberg/Payton Wilson from the draft, a Josey Jewell from free agency, Clark, Overshown and LVE. That's what I'd do.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah I'm looking at this thing as getting one free agent quality starting LBer. Draft a guy. So that you have like Eichenberg/Payton Wilson from the draft, a Josey Jewell from free agency, Clark, Overshown and LVE. That's what I'd do.
jewell is going to make Stephens ass pucker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not gonna fucking happen.

I'd be shocked if they went after someone like Jewell in FA since he's going to get more than about 4/year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was thinking he was a cheap option. But I loved him at Iowa, smart dude, reads extremely well and I think he can be a real leader at LBer for this team.
He probably is for all other teams.

Hyperbole will be claimed by author if needed

Top Bottom