President Trump Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well they thought he was already convicted. That's the way it works. Just because you escape prison doesn't mean they retry you for the original crime. Problem is, he wasn't the same guy who escaped. He just had the same name.
Yeah that's not really how it works though. Prison doesn't go by names. There are finger prints and OCN that tracks an inmate. A name won't get you thrown in prison. Sorry, the story is very hard to believe.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah that's not really how it works though. Prison doesn't go by names. There are finger prints and OCN that tracks an inmate. A name won't get you thrown in prison. Sorry, the story is very hard to believe.
Yeah, I could easily see a case of mistaken identity early on, and somebody getting arrested. But it should be easily cleared up in short order. Especially in today's day and age. But the rest sounds like complete bullshit. Sent to prison for 30 days on nothing but a name? And we're supposed to believe they did nothing to verify that they had the right person? Riiiiiiight.

Makes for a good whitey and the police hate brown people story, though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Let's be real. This is a forum of complete whites unless a black poster decides to participate.
I bet I can get LeBron to join. I'll just @ him on Twitter and tell him c'mon man, you're one of us.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Since we’re on the subject of race, have any of you watched YouTube interviews of a dude named Daryl Davis.

The world would be a much better place if there were Daryl Davis’ in every race and every community.

Quick rundown in case you haven’t heard of him. Black dude who has befriended 100s of clan members and through those friendships he’s changed hearts and minds.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I watched him on Joe Rogan’s podcast a while back.

I was just watching his ted talks, I had no idea he’s been doing this for years. Some of the clips look 25-30 years old.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The last minute 5 minutes of the above video are worth a watch if you can’t watch the whole 20 minutes.

Beautiful message that transcends race relations. It could be applied to literally every aspect of any relationship. Respect is what matters. As soon as you shut down and decide to hate someone or their beliefs, that’s when you start to lose your humanity.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah? Remember when Shelley Luther got arrested for reopening her hair salon against the Dallas public health requirements and she ended up with $500,000 in her go fund me campaign, personal action by the governor, a visit by Sarah Palin. There were two hispanic women arrested for the exact same thing. Nobody gave a shit. They ended up getting released when the governor allowed businesses to open 10 days earlier.

Yeah we're all treated the same.
You can point to the same silent treatment of white people killed by police. The media picks its firestorms based on projected ratings, not racism.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Since we’re on the subject of race, have any of you watched YouTube interviews of a dude named Daryl Davis.

The world would be a much better place if there were Daryl Davis’ in every race and every community.

Quick rundown in case you haven’t heard of him. Black dude who has befriended 100s of clan members and through those friendships he’s changed hearts and minds.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m extremely disappointed in the Democrat party. It would be tough to find a Democrat decent enough to offer an upgrade over Trump that would actually convince me
to vote in 2020, but Jesus Christ they didn’t even try.

Biden has been around for how long? Can anyone point to something that he’s accomplished in his career? Without googling it? Don’t be tempted to cheat.

His claim to fame is his crime bill, he’s proud of his crime bill. You go back and watch those debates, it sounds like a god damned Klan rally speech. I’m half surprised he didn’t burn a cross before he yielded back.

And oh my jeez, if you listen to him talk 8-10 years ago in contrast to present day, he’s not alright. Senility is a bitch.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I have gotten to see how the police treat my black and brown colleagues over the last 10 years ago and it's been pretty shocking. One of my NP's husband was arrested because his name was the same as an escaped fugitive (he has a VERY common hispanic name). They actually sent him to prison for a month until his wife spent $30,000 to hire a lawyer to get him released. How the fuck does that even happen? You think there is a chance in hell that would have happened to me? The guy is an MRI tech so it's not like he's a thug - or even looks like one.

Another one of my NP's son is black and he got pulled over for not signaling in traffic, they search his car without cause, find an empty container of CBD (which he doesn't even use - it was a friends) and arrest him for possession. They never drug tested the kid. CBD is widely sold in Dallas, but he was pulled over in Rowlett, a DFW suburb. So the governor had a bill to legalize CBD in Texas on his desk and it was signed before the kid went to court. The court did not dismiss. Instead they fined him $5,000 and put him on deferred adjudication. You think they would have thought they could have got away with that shit with my kid? Would they have even pulled over my kid?

We all went out drinking one night and we all drove home afterwards (I was fine). Guess who gets pulled over by cops? The black gal who is a PA. They arrest her for suspicion of DUI. She smartly refuses the breathalizer so they get a warrant and take her to an ED for a blood raw. They kept the case open for 3-4 years. Finally, her lawyer found out her BAC was less than 80. They could have dismissed that shit any time they wanted.

So it's been eyeopening. The white privilege thing is real although I think it's more along the lines that everybody should be treated the way we are rather than being white being some sort fo fucking nirvana.

Did you know shit like this happens to white people too? I got arrested one time when I was 19 standing in a driveway talking to 2 girls. Several guys were fighting down the street from where we were. 2 police cars pulled up in front of where the fight was going on and everyone scattered. One police continues down the street and stops. The officer gets out of the car and grabs me, throws me against the car and cuffs me. I went to jail for disorderly conduct. $200 fine and spent the night in jail.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

He is awesome.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, while anecdotal evidence is evidence that racism or structural flaws that allow blacks to be unfairly treated DOES exist, it is not evidence of institutional racism requiring a massive system overhaul.

Top Bottom