OTAs, Minicamps, & Training Camp Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry, but I don't see how watching old college tape is going to transform anyone from a guy who can't even line up or do his basic responsibility on the punt team into a significant player.
When a player openly admits they have or had a confidence problem, I tend to see that the writing is on the wall.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
When a player openly admits they have or had a confidence problem, I tend to see that the writing is on the wall.
The Lin Elliott of WRs?

(Except Elliott was good once.)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that sort of normal for rookies. You go from being the king shit and setting school records to sitting behind vets and playing against much higher competition. Not to mention going from a school where you probably barely had fans in the stands to playing in front of 80,000 fans?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Isn't that sort of normal for rookies. You go from being the king shit and setting school records to sitting behind vets and playing against much higher competition. Not to mention going from a school where you probably barely had fans in the stands to playing in front of 80,000 fans?
Maybe it is. But almost to a tee, when a guy says that in a puff piece at the start of year three chances are you see them gone soon. Except in a Dallas where draft picks just fade away when their first contract is over.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Lin Elliott always sucked. The dude drove Jimmy to drink.
OK, then he is Lin Elliott.

Also, should we expect Kneeland to suck and do nothing this year or is that small school thing only for WRs? :shrug

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
OK, then he is Lin Elliott.

Also, should we expect Kneeland to suck and do nothing this year or is that small school thing only for WRs? :shrug
It is a player thing. BTW, Kneeland beat up our pretend starting LT and LG. So it is start.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe

I don't think the transition is the same for everyone. I didn't think Tolbert would suck as a rookie when we drafted him. Kneeland might not be day one awesome either but I think he will be a good player. I'm not sure Tolbert will be a good player. But he might be better than Booze is giving credit.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
But he might be better than Booze is giving credit.
I think booze likes him more than I do. :lol

I have nothing against the kid, I just don't care for the player from what I've seen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not like that.
Yeah, I'm not trying to take some position that I hold out high hopes for the kid. Hell, I was all on board with a WR in this past draft in the first couple of rounds. I just hope I'm wrong about him. Wrong at least to the extent that he can be a Patrick Crayton level player (A WR I actually hated to be honest). All I'm saying is that I can accept the fact that the guy had major confidence issues as a rookie and accept that he has gotten better since than. He is still a ways off from Patrick Crayton numbers.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Probably coincidence/incompetence, but that PC still isn't up at DC.com or YouTube. Usually by now it's on at least one of them.

Top Bottom