New Coaching Staff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Great, here we go with Jerry's rumblings.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry talking foxhole shit and everyboday's like, "wtf?"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jerry a bit salty.
Of course, but it's his own fault because everyone knows how controlling he is.

Too bad if he doesn't like it.

But I do believe him in this particular case that he wanted McCarthy to get his people. There was one thing he pointed out that I think suggests that he's being truthful about that and that was when he mentioned McCarthy's earlier comment about Dez's catch.

He basically pointed out how McCarthy had the presence of mind to actually ask the referee for clarity BEFORE challenging the Dez catch. And while he didn't say it, I think we all know what he was getting it -- that watching Garrett fumble around through challenges and struggling with other basic aspects of coaching made it clear to him that his team needed to be well coached if they were going to get where he wanted them to go.

And for that reason, I think he went after McCarthy and why he's being honest about wanting him to bring in who he wanted.

It took 27 years and multiple wasted careers and seasons for the old bastard to finally realize that coaching matters.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
oooooh Jane

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ha!

Jerry: If you're willing to give others the credit, you'll conquer the world.

Thanks for the insight from the spotlight.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This definitely didn't measure up to Matt Rhule's PC but I think a lot of that was because of Jerry Jones being involved.

Also, other than the annoying laughs, did Stephen open his mouth to say anything? Unless I missed something he was just there to be seen.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well I missed it. Wonder if there will be a replay?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jane has got to be a bit of a nutcase to not be married yet. If you're that hot and unmarried (seemingly not by choice based on her tweets) there's usually a screw loose.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This definitely didn't measure up to Matt Rhule's PC but I think a lot of that was because of Jerry Jones being involved.

Also, other than the annoying laughs, did Stephen open his mouth to say anything? Unless I missed something he was just there to be seen.
Yeah, someone made a joke about how he hadn't talked so they wanted to wake him up with a question.

The question was basically asking him to follow up Jerry's comments about deciding on McCarthy and what it was that he personally liked about him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

He talked a little bit and even joked that they finally asked him something.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Jane has got to be a bit of a nutcase to not be married yet. If you're that hot and unmarried (seemingly not by choice based on her tweets) there's usually a screw loose.
She is the one who found out her boyfriend was cheating on her due to his Fitbit activity.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
or her standards are impossibly high

data

Forbes #1
Which is why I don't mind him coming back.

McCarthy has always called plays, and even if he was willing to let someone else do it in Dallas, I doubt that that would be the case in year 1 when he's implementing an entirely new system so this is going to be McCarthy's show for 2020. That's why I don't think it's a big deal if Moore is the OC or not.

Most of the teaching and the gameday playcalls are going to be coming from McCarthy this year anyway.

And as someone alluded to earlier in this thread, Moore might in fact be a bright guy and he might be able to add a wrinkle or two to the offense. Maybe these two guys actually help each other? This could turn out to be a pretty good partnership when it's all said and done.
Yeah, a Dynamic Duo...Fatman and Robin.

Top Bottom