NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
what happened to the Mavs?
Luka 's dealing with some type of nerve damage in his neck. I'm not sure when he hurt it but he's clearly not his usual self. As for everyone else....the Mavs are a 3 point happy team who don't have an inside game at all. So when the jump shots aren't falling their offense goes into the tank.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Luka 's dealing with some type of nerve damage in his neck. I'm not sure when he hurt it but he's clearly not his usual self. As for everyone else....the Mavs are a 3 point happy team who don't have an inside game at all. So when the jump shots aren't falling their offense goes into the tank.
Which is weird, because Porzingis was supposed to help with that some. He is a big, but apparently he is not physical enough of a big to make a difference in that part of the game.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
They look like a team about to lose 4 straight

1bigfan13

Staff member
Which is weird, because Porzingis was supposed to help with that some. He is a big, but apparently he is not physical enough of a big to make a difference in that part of the game.
Porzingis play's like he's a 6'4" guard trapped in a 7'3" center's body. The Mavs offense would be a lot more dynamic if Carlisle forced him to work the midrange more often. That's why 7 footers like Dirk and Durant were/are so deadly. Both had/have the ability to hit the 3-pointer but the bulk of their scoring was/is done in post and midrange.

If Porzingis ever decided to get serious about working on his midrange game, I could easily see him return to being an All-Star caliber player. But as long as he's content settling for long range jumpers, he'll be nothing more than a high end role player.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Some fan just ran on the floor of the Sixers-Wizards game while the action was going on and security tackled him under the rim. These fans have lost their damn minds.

1bigfan13

Staff member
A better angle of the incident.

From this angle you can tell there was no malicious intent. Just a fan trying to live out a sad lifelong dream of attempting to touch the backboard.

Cotton

Staff member
Porzingis play's like he's a 6'4" guard trapped in a 7'3" center's body. The Mavs offense would be a lot more dynamic if Carlisle forced him to work the midrange more often. That's why 7 footers like Dirk and Durant were/are so deadly. Both had/have the ability to hit the 3-pointer but the bulk of their scoring was/is done in post and midrange.

If Porzingis ever decided to get serious about working on his midrange game, I could easily see him return to being an All-Star caliber player. But as long as he's content settling for long range jumpers, he'll be nothing more than a high end role player.
He has been very disappointing to me. I wasn't under any misguided thought he might be our solution at big, but I thought he could have helped greatly in that regard. But, he has not fulfilled in any way.

Cotton

Staff member
Some fan just ran on the floor of the Sixers-Wizards game while the action was going on and security tackled him under the rim. These fans have lost their damn minds.
People are generally stupid as hell, but at NBA games it has gotten even more stupid the number of fans that have lost their god damn minds.

Cotton

Staff member
There's no outrage over Reggie Miller saying Redskins. I was just throwing that out there. :lol
There is only selective outrage, not real outrage anymore.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Damn. Ben Simmons makes Shaq look like Larry Bird from the free throw line.

He's been much better than this in his career (never good but better than this - around 60% career vs 25% this series) so I have to assume it's in his head right now.

He better shoot about 10000 practice free throws before game five because whatever is going on he needs to get over it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As a lifelong NBA cynic, nobody can be that surprised that LA evened it up can they? I don't bet sports, but an underdog losing that third game after going up 2-0 especially against a big market team seems like the easiest money in history.

Genghis Khan

Ridiculous foul called on Rivers guarding Lillard. Not only didn't touch him, he wasn't within a foot of him.

Atrocious officiating in these playoffs.

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

After thinking about it, I do hope Ainge steps down. And then the league forces Bryan Colangelo on the Celtics.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom