NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's awesome!

Occasionally I'll catch an old game from the 80s on NBATV and punches would be thrown in the game but the refs would only rule it a common foul. Seemed like you had to do something extreme to get a technical back then.

I saw Robert Parrish pummel Bill Laimbeer to the ground and he didn't even get called for a common foul in the game. :lol They ended up suspending him for the following game though.

Imagine beating someone down like this and the refs essentially telling every "no blood, no foul.....play on".

Whether he deserved it on that play or not, he deserved it at some point. Laimbeer was a dirty mf'er.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Laimbeer was like the old-school hockey goons. But he was actually skilled at his sport.
Oh, he had skill. He was just a dirty player.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's awesome!

Occasionally I'll catch an old game from the 80s on NBATV and punches would be thrown in the game but the refs would only rule it a common foul. Seemed like you had to do something extreme to get a technical back then.

I saw Robert Parrish pummel Bill Laimbeer to the ground and he didn't even get called for a common foul in the game. :lol They ended up suspending him for the following game though.

Imagine beating someone down like this and the refs essentially telling everyone "no blood, no foul.....play on".

Definitely.

I hated Laimbeer so much. :lol If you listened to him he never committed a foul in his life.

Genghis Khan

How do the Wizards have both Richie Cunningham from Happy Days (Davis Bertans) and Grady from Sanford and Son (Ish Smith)?

Embiid played only 10 minutes in the 1st half due to foul trouble. Such bullshit officiating.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Shaq is definitely 'old man yelling at the clouds' when it comes to big men shooting jumpers.

1bigfan13

Staff member
How do the Wizards have both Richie Cunningham from Happy Days (Davis Bertans) and Grady from Sanford and Son (Ish Smith)?

Embiid played only 10 minutes in the 1st half due to foul trouble. Such bullshit officiating.
Tobias Harris has kept them in the game. He's on his way to a 40 point game.

Genghis Khan

Rivers going all bench to start the 4th against Beal and Westbrook on the floor. Interesting strategy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
maybe westbrook wasn't out of bounds there... but it sure looked like he hopped with the ball, which is a travel any way.

Genghis Khan

maybe westbrook wasn't out of bounds there... but it sure looked like he hopped with the ball, which is a travel any way.

He looked out. In real time I don't see how you don't call that out, and on replay I don't see how it could be clear and definitive enough to overturn it.

Probably an uncalled travel also.

1bigfan13

Staff member
In real time I thought he traveled, but when they showed the replays it looked as if his foot never left the ground.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lakers and Clippers both lost....I'm happy.

Anthony Davis' motor is so inconsistent it has to drive his coaches crazy. The dude clearly is one of the 5 most talented players in the world, but he lacks that killer mindset that all the all-time greats have.

Players and coaches have often said they'd rather have the player who they have to try to calm down because the player is so hype and ready to play, as opposed to having the player who you have to pump up and get energized for the game.

I've always thought Anthony Davis is one of those guys who you have to stay on to make sure he brings his A game.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

Beal was talking a lot of shit game 1. :lol Mocked Embiid a couple times, mocked Simmons.

You're on the Wizards, you clown.

Genghis Khan

Lakers and Clippers both lost....I'm happy.

Anthony Davis' motor is so inconsistent it has to drive his coaches crazy. The dude early is one of the 5 most talented players in the world, but he lacks that killer mindset that all the all-time greats have.

Players and coaches have often said they'd rather have the player who they have to try to calm down because the player is so hype and ready to play, as opposed to having the player who you have to pump up and get energized for the game.

I've always thought Anthony Davis is one of those guys who you have to stay on to make sure he brings his A game.

I wouldn't mind the clippers at this point, since I really want to see Utah, Denver and the Lakers go down and go down hard.

Clippers or Blazers maybe.

Top Bottom