NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Beal was talking a lot of shit game 1. :lol Mocked Embiid a couple times, mocked Simmons.

You're on the Wizards, you clown.
Wizards have consistently been a playoff team So they're not complete scrubs. In fact, I think they've actually qualified for the playoffs more times than the Sixers over the last decade.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wizards have consistently been a playoff team So they're not complete scrubs. In fact, I think they've actually qualified for the playoffs more times than the Sixers over the last decade.
Feh. They haven't been a legit contender in a long time. Half the league makes the playoffs.

We all know the Sixers story.

But I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about he's on the 8 seed. When you act like that then lose in 5 or whatever as expected, you look like a clown.

Genghis Khan

"I've been poor, I've been rich, I've been fat, I've been skinny, I've been old, I've been in the Hall of Fame and one thing I can always tell you, the Clippers have always sucked." ~ Charles Barkley

Genghis Khan

Wizards fans calling for Scott Brooks' head. He may not be a good HC, but the Wizards have almost no players outside of Beal and half of Westbrook.

Genghis Khan

Unfortunately I think the Lakers are coming out of the west. My only hope is Portland and Dallas and I don't think either has quite enough to get by.

Utah, Phoenix, Denver and the Clippers really don't impress me much. Phoenix and Memphis play too out of control and their shot selection is terrible too often. Dillon Brooks single handedly lost Memphis the the other night. Memphis had I think a one point lead with a few minutes left and dude just starts launching ill conceived bricks from three, then getting abused defensively by Mitchell.

And yeah it's Memphis but I don't think that bodes well for Utah either because Memphis is giving them problems. Conley and Mitchell are very good but I'm not sold on the rest of the roster. And of course even Conley and Mitchell are not enough for LeBron and AD.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wizards fans calling for Scott Brooks' head. He may not be a good HC, but the Wizards have almost no players outside of Beal and half of Westbrook.
Yeah, they've been calling for his head since early in the season.

This is one of those instances where more than one thing is true. The Wizards roster isn't very good but Scott Brooks is also an average head coach who doesn't have the ability to elevate the talent that he does have.

I used to bitch about him all the time when he was the OKC coach. Back when the Thunder had stacked rosters he was slow to make adjustments and it always felt like he was just along for the ride. I say that because he never enforced any type of discipline within his system. It felt like the system was just to allow Westbrook, Durant, and Harden to do whatever they wanted. With as much talent as they had, they were able to get away with it in most games but when they ran into well-coached playoff teams the flaws showed.

Genghis Khan

This is one of those instances where more than one thing is true. The Wizards roster isn't very good but Scott Brooks is also an average head coach who doesn't have the ability to elevate the talent that he does have.

That's true.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Unfortunately I think the Lakers are coming out of the west. My only hope is Portland and Dallas and I don't think either has quite enough to get by.

Utah, Phoenix, Denver and the Clippers really don't impress me much. Phoenix and Memphis play too out of control and their shot selection is terrible too often. Dillon Brooks single handedly lost Memphis the the other night. Memphis had I think a one point lead with a few minutes left and dude just starts launching ill conceived bricks from three, then getting abused defensively by Mitchell.
Phoenix would look a lot better if Chris Paul were healthy. He's basically been trying to play with one arm. He's nowhere near as aggressive as he normally is. Normally he's a strong 3 point shooter who stretches the floor but with that shoulder injury, he's not even capable of attempting a 3 point shot. I noticed in Game 2 he was wide open from behind the arc and he'd either pass up the shot or if someone else like Booker had the ball, CP3 would be wide open and they wouldn't even kick it out to him because they knew he wasn't physically capable of taking that shot.

There's been a lot of talk about whether or not Phoenix would be better off shutting CP3 down and just allowing Cameron Payne to take the bulk of the PG minutes. They've looked a lot better with Payne on the floor than with CP3 out there. If CP3 still doesn't look right in Game 4 Monty Williams needs to make the switch. CP3's feelings be damned. You gotta do what's best for the organization, not what's best for someone's ego.

Genghis Khan

Phoenix would look a lot better if Chris Paul were healthy. He's basically been trying to play with one arm. He's nowhere near as aggressive as he normally is. Normally he's a strong 3 point shooter who stretches the floor but with that shoulder injury, he's not even capable of attempting a 3 point shot. I noticed in Game 2 he was wide open from behind the arc and he'd either pass up the shot or if someone else like Booker had the ball, CP3 would be wide open and they wouldn't even kick it out to him because they knew he wasn't physically capable of taking that shot.

There's been a lot of talk about whether or not Phoenix would be better off shutting CP3 down and just allowing Cameron Payne to take the bulk of the PG minutes. They've looked a lot better with Payne on the floor than with CP3 out there. If CP3 still doesn't look right in Game 4 Monty Williams needs to make the switch. CP3's feelings be damned. You gotta do what's best for the organization, not what's best for someone's ego.

I agree, but it may already be too late.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I agree, but it may already be too late.
Probably so. The Lakers are getting healthier by the day. They missed a golden opportunity to put them in an 0-2 hole.

I think the Lakers take it on 5 and I agree with your prediction that the Lakers will come out of the West.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Uh oh.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Chris Paul looked like his old self today. He's still not shooting the long-range shots, but he was never a volume 3 point shooter. He prefers to operate in the mid-range area. So not a huge deal.

What is a huge deal is that Anthony Davis is likely done for this series, which means Phoenix is now favored to win this series. You don't come back from groin strains overnight. The recovery time for those injuries is usually measured in weeks.

Panic is setting in in La La Land and I'm loving it.

Top Bottom