NBA Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This 4th quarter is some of the ugliest basketball I think I have ever seen.

Unfuckingbelievable.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've been a Ben Simmons defender, but I'm starting to sway. If you have to bench one of your stars down the stretch so they can't keep sending him to the free throw line, something is fucking wrong. His aversion to just taking a simple jump shot is bad enough. But his free throw shooting is getting progressively worse. 2 for 10 before by some miracle he made 2 in a row. But then, of course, he follows that with two more bricks when the game was tight and they needed points badly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've been a Ben Simmons defender, but I'm starting to sway. If you have to bench one of your stars down the stretch so they can't keep sending him to the free throw line, something is fucking wrong. His aversion to just taking a simple jump shot is bad enough. But his free throw shooting is getting progressively worse. 2 for 10 before by some miracle he made 2 in a row. But then, of course, he follows that with two more bricks when the game was tight and they needed points badly.
Hack a Shaq comes to mind.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Cotton

Staff member
What in the hell is going on with the Mavs? They are completely falling apart as an organization. Fucking Cuban.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cuban is a disaster IMO. Always has been, but he had Dirk and his incredible loyalty to save him. Remember, Dirk, Nash, and Fin were all there via the Nelsons before he got involved. And he still never put that much around Dirk -- that one year was kind of flukey. He's as bad or worse than Jerry -- even Tim Macmahon said he was more involved than Jerry -- but for some reason everyone loves him. I guess the t-shirt/ "I'm a fanboy like you" schtick worked on people.

Cotton

Staff member
Cuban is a disaster IMO. Always has been, but he had Dirk and his incredible loyalty to save him. Remember, Dirk, Nash, and Fin were all there via the Nelsons before he got involved. And he still never put that much around Dirk -- that one year was kind of flukey. He's as bad or worse than Jerry -- even Tim Macmahon said he was more involved than Jerry -- but for some reason everyone loves him. I guess the t-shirt/ "I'm a fanboy like you" schtick worked on people.
Can't stand Cuban for a variety of reasons I won't get into in this thread. But, part of the reason is he has fucked up my basketball team.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can't stand Cuban for a variety of reasons I won't get into in this thread. But, part of the reason is he has fucked up my basketball team.
:buddy

I thought I was the only one.

Cotton

Staff member

Jesus, what a mess.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ok. That's enough.

I'm done with Ben Simmons. The final straw was when, in crunch time at the end of the game, he passed up an open dunk that would have more than likely drawn the foul, and passed instead. He's so fucking afraid of getting fouled and ending up on the free throw line, that he's now a liability. And a very expensive one, at that.

If the Sixers are ever going to take that final step, he's got to go.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What can they realistically get for Simmons at this point given the near disdain the organization/fans seem to have for him?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ok. That's enough.

I'm done with Ben Simmons. The final straw was when, in crunch time at the end of the game, he passed up an open dunk that would have more than likely drawn the foul, and passed instead. He's so fucking afraid of getting fouled and ending up on the free throw line, that he's now a liability. And a very expensive one, at that.

If the Sixers are ever going to take that final step, he's got to go.

Yep.

I still think there's a really good player in there somewhere, his size, athleticism, playmaking, and ability to guard 1-5 really well is very valuable. But his aversion to shooting including and especially free throws has become such a liability.

Top Bottom