NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Enjoying a playoff where it isn't completely obvious/inevitable who will be in the Finals/champions for what feels like the first time in nearly 10 years.

It's completely feasible that any one of 5-7 teams could win it all, which I don't think has been the case since at least 2010 or so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Rivers taking a lot of heat today for the Sixers game 1 loss and rightfully so.

Let the Hawks go on an unreal 17-0 run and did absolutely nothing to try and stop it (much of it with the bench in). Went with an all bench lineup for a good chunk of the first half. Stuck Danny Green on Trae Young for the first half and some of the second. Didn't adjust to pressuring Young until the 3rd quarter.

Not a good day for Rivers.

Genghis Khan

It kind of annoys me that Gobert now has 3 DPOY. His defense is highly overrated and it's exactly why you should need a lot more than that to make the HOF.

I'll just leave this here.

Genghis Khan

As an aside, I think it's great (and great for the league) that it's going to be a completely different team winning this season. And that all of the remaining 8 teams either never won or are on a seriously long drought.

If I'm not mistaken I think among the remaining teams the sixers won the championship most recently, and that was 38 years ago.

My biggest complaint with the NBA is seeing the same handful of teams win over and over again so this is great.

And the best thing is NO LEBRON.

Genghis Khan

Wow has that Nets Bucks series turned. If Kyrie is down long term? Especially if Harden doesn't return either. That changes everything. Not just in the series but the conference finals as well.

I kind of had this sinking feeling Brooklyn was going to get it together and win it all. Not if they're not healthy though.

Genghis Khan

As an aside, first the Lakers and now the Nets. Every team I think will win it all seems to be going down...

I think every team except the Sixers are really the team to beat. :unsure

Top Bottom