Must See Movies

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I disagree.

It fit right in with the era and tone of the movie.
It was awkward and critics would object to a "white savior retard" saving a bunch of civil rights marchers.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It was awkward and a critics would object to a "white savior retard" saving a bunch of civil rights marchers.
I doubt that would have happened in 1994. Our society wasn't that sensitive back then.

Plus as I mentioned, it fit right in with the running gag of the movie, where Forrest frequently crossed paths and had a light-hearted moments with historical figures.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
John Cena & Zac Efron are in a new movie on Amazon called Ricky Stanicky that is pretty funny.

Willam H. Macy is in it as well and his "air dicker" scene will have you laughing out loud.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
John Cena & Zac Efron are in a new movie on Amazon called Ricky Stanicky that is pretty funny.

Willam H. Macy is in it as well and his "air dicker" scene will have you laughing out loud.
I have been wondering about this movie. May have to check it out.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Newsflash, we're old

It's not even that though. There are many many current actors that I just don't know at all, because I watch very little nowadays and it's been that way for a good while (probably about since my 30s so not even beginning when I got old).

But I think what we are referring to is the fact that suddenly everyone knows Sweeney of all people. Why do I suddenly know who Sweeney is out of nowhere?

I mean, social media is the reason, but still it's jarring.

Ok yes, there are 2 other reasons.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Best Rambo movie, Rambo or First Blood? Or even Rambo III?

Top Bottom