Must See Movies

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From our sample we see one who apparently likes it (you), one who was able to bear through, one who made it halfway through and one who doesn't even care...
It may have been astonishing for it's time, but don't fool yourself, it's not really that good.
This group isn't exactly a wide sample of the real world.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
And you are just being antagonistic. Everyone can have an opinion different than yours. You however cant help but state your opinion is the only valid position. That is a narrow minded view of being judgmental.
Let me get this straight, booze and Iamtdg comment how no one will want to watch a 4 HR movie, you counter with gone with the wind, a movie made before anyone here but you was born, I say that movie wasn't that great and you get offended?
Sorry...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let me get this straight, booze and Iamtdg comment how no one will want to watch a 4 HR movie, you counter with gone with the wind, a movie made before anyone here but you was born, I say that movie wasn't that great and you get offended?
Sorry...
You missed the point of who is offended. It was my option that you have taken offense to and you reacted in a negative and narrow stance. Get over yourself and don’t think that your opinion of the film is shared by most. It’s was just an example of another long movie that was very long but accepted by many over three and maybe four generations.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You missed the point of who is offended. It was my option that you have taken offense to and you reacted in a negative and narrow stance. Get over yourself and don’t think that your opinion of the film is shared by most. It’s was just an example of another long movie that was very long but accepted by many over three and maybe four generations.
Sorry, I didn't know I was offended. I thought I was agreeing with the first two that 4 hours nowadays is way to long for a movie, not taking a "negative and narrow stance" to your "option". I do however stand by my statement that "GWTW" was never such a great movie, I compare it to "Phantom Menace" where all the hype made it a must see at the time, but the movie itself really isn't that good, and at least most that have chimed in on the subject seem to agree...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I drill my 21 year old to appreciate the comedy classics.

So I ask him, what is your classic?

He gives me "Dude Where's My Car?".
Has he seen Dumb and Dumber?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I drill my 21 year old to appreciate the comedy classics.

So I ask him, what is your classic?

He gives me "Dude Where's My Car?".
Have you shown him Blazing Saddles?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Excellent choices all, I might add Airplane!, young Frankenstein, The Party and Monty Python Holy Grail which was my 15 year olds favorite, apparently there's a lot of memes from that one...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jesus.

Dude Where's My Car? is 21 years old.

Blazing Saddles is about as old today as Gone With the Wind was in the 80s.

My god.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you arguing with your wife?

Gladiator.
I am gonna have to disagree with you here, yeah.

Don't get me wrong but Braveheart did the job better for me.

Gladitor didn't have the same vibe for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom