Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, MoS is getting ripped for no humor and being too serious.

I really don't give a shit about those two things in my comic book movies however. The more serious the better for me.
Besides they already did funny Superman with the Christopher Reeve films.

D

Deuce

I'm still excited for it. It will be weird seeing a Superman movie without Lex Luthor involved, but I'm sure they are saving him for the already planned sequal. I know they won't dig back into the most recent Superman reboot for anything because it was such a big flop, but I thought Spacey did well as Luthor. He has that demeanor down to a science and still shows it on House of Cards.

data

Forbes #1
To me the new Star Trek was fucking awesome.

But I'm a fanboy.

Looking forward to what might be a full on Klingon war in the third installment.
It's bullshit to me when such attention and screentime is given to a good guy dying...and then he comes back to life. It's cheap. Even Disney keeps Bambi's mom and Mufaasa dead.

Secondly, you spend the entire movie building up how powerful an enemy is and then he gets taken down at the end easily -- Batman vs Bain.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's bullshit to me when such attention and screentime is given to a good guy dying...and then he comes back to life. It's cheap. Even Disney keeps Bambi's mom and Mufaasa dead.

Secondly, you spend the entire movie building up how powerful an enemy is and then he gets taken down at the end easily -- Batman vs Bain.
Stop, stop, stop. I haven't seen it yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feh to a 300 sequal...even if Cersei Lannister is doing it.
I love stuff like this. Reminds me actually a lot of Spartacus. Unfortunately it's not coming out until March so it's going to be awhile yet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm still excited for it. It will be weird seeing a Superman movie without Lex Luthor involved, but I'm sure they are saving him for the already planned sequal. I know they won't dig back into the most recent Superman reboot for anything because it was such a big flop, but I thought Spacey did well as Luthor. He has that demeanor down to a science and still shows it on House of Cards.
Luthor's presence will be felt as there are Lexcorp buildings in the background during some of the fight scenes. I think it is smarter to bring him in later because the initial film in a new franchise has to spend quite a bit of time setting up the origin of the main character.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Apparently DC is kicking around Wonder Woman and Aqua Man movies now...I don't care about Wonder Woman, but Aqua Man was always a favorite of mine. I just don't know the villians in his universe.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Apparently DC is kicking around Wonder Woman and Aqua Man movies now...I don't care about Wonder Woman, but Aqua Man was always a favorite of mine. I just don't know the villians in his universe.
He was also a favorite of mine, but it's tough to be relevant when most of your powers go to shit when on land...

Kbrown

Not So New Member
A question to kick around... Who would play Wonder Woman?

Marion Cotillard might work if she weren't already in Batman. Jennifer Lawrence might be too obvious. Olivia Wilde?

D

Deuce

Marion Cotillard might work if she weren't already in Batman. Jennifer Lawrence might be too obvious. Olivia Wilde?
Olivia Wilde was my first thought as well. A chick from Friday Night Lights did a Wonder Woman recently and if you look at the imdb page for the show, she looked damn good in the outfit.

Newt

DCC 4Life

I really like Olivia Wilde but I'm not sure about her as wonder woman. I'm not sure that wonder woman could stand on its own two feet as a movie. After the big comics and super heroes I think they might start reaching. The big three in my opinion are Superman, Batman, and Spiderman. Ironman has been great but I wouldn't expect that type of value from Aquaman or Wonder Woman.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Olivia Wilde..... yummy

Top Bottom