Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have seen some say it is the best ever...and some less than stellar reviews. We'll see, but I think certain critics have alliances to Marvel and DC, so they rate those films accordingly. I know I have always liked the DC characters better, so those movies are just better to me.

I am going tomorrow morning at 10, have some IHOP before, then into the theater. This is easily my most anticipated movie since TDK...Prometheus was close.
This better not let me down like Prometheus.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think it will...Prometheus was a let down, but I was really excited for that one. Sounds like they are doing a sequel to it, which I hope they do, so we can see the Engineers world.

D

Deuce

Some reviews I've read make it seem like the reviewers wanted the old gee golly Superman who smiles and cracks a joke as he catches Lois Lane, but it's been obvious from the beginning that this one is much more serious.
The review I read made it seem like it was more a problem with the Director and made references to Sucker Punch which was awful. Then it just pointed out all the things it was missing. Never made mention of the lack of cornball antics like the 80's version had.

D

Deuce

I have seen some say it is the best ever...and some less than stellar reviews. We'll see, but I think certain critics have alliances to Marvel and DC, so they rate those films accordingly. I know I have always liked the DC characters better, so those movies are just better to me.

I am going tomorrow morning at 10, have some IHOP before, then into the theater. This is easily my most anticipated movie since TDK...Prometheus was close.
Funny you mention that because this movie supposedly has some obvious IHOP product placement.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The review I read made it seem like it was more a problem with the Director and made references to Sucker Punch which was awful. Then it just pointed out all the things it was missing. Never made mention of the lack of cornball antics like the 80's version had.
I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of Zack Snyder. Watchmen was a letdown, although I just think that was one comic it is impossible to make into a movie that approaches it in quality.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Funny you mention that because this movie supposedly has some obvious IHOP product placement.
So basically you are comparing me to Superman. I get that alot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of Zack Snyder. Watchmen was a letdown, although I just think that was one comic it is impossible to make into a movie that approaches it in quality.
Visually he does some amazing stuff. Dawn of the Dead was really good, he directed that one...300 was cool, but I agree Watchmen and Sucker Punch were letdowns. Like you said though, Watchmen kind of was what it was...visually is was excellent, but that story was what it was.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Man of Steel is really an important movie for alot of reasons. For one...Superman is the most iconic superhero of alltime. I always thought it went Superman, Batman, and Spiderman...in that order. Anyways, he is deserving of a kick ass movie...that character needs it. Also...how well this movie goes will determine whether there is a Justice league Movie...and probably if we'd get Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman movies.

D

Deuce

Like I said in a previous post, Justice League needs star power to work. Maybe this movie makes Cavill a star, but right now he isn't one. Batman is a giant unknown right now and Reynolds as Green Latern is sorta cool, but he can't be the best of the bunch.

One of the reasons Avengers worked so well is cause they had A listers at every spot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Back in the day Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. were big comic super heros.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm considering taking my nephew to see Man of Steel next week. Can someone who sees it give an opinion as to whether there's anything violence or language-wise that would make it inappropriate to a pretty intelligent kid who is almost six? My first movie in the theatre was the 1990 Batman when I was six, and I though it might be cool to take him. Thanks.
It is pretty violent in the action scenes and there is some large scale death and destruction type stuff, but probably not where it is a big deal to a six year old these days. There were a few curses that made my kid snicker, but that's it.

Overall, solid flick. I liked it. It made a serious Superman, which was pretty needed. I'd give it a four out of five.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Like I said in a previous post, Justice League needs star power to work. Maybe this movie makes Cavill a star, but right now he isn't one. Batman is a giant unknown right now and Reynolds as Green Latern is sorta cool, but he can't be the best of the bunch.

One of the reasons Avengers worked so well is cause they had A listers at every spot.
RDJ was not a star like he is now...and they owe the franchise to him and Favreau. Downey was still kind of a wildcard. I think this makes Cavill huge...Batman did that for Bale.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It is pretty violent in the action scenes and there is some large scale death and destruction type stuff, but probably not where it is a big deal to a six year old these days. There were a few curses that made my kid snicker, but that's it.

Overall, solid flick. I liked it. It made a serious Superman, which was pretty needed. I'd give it a four out of five.
Thanks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One thing about the Superman movie is that the Hans Zimmer soundtrack was great.

Everything was thudding and well, awesome.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cavill is going to be in The Man From UNCLE next. He's going to get big.

Top Bottom