Must See Movies

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
And I'll say it, the Sixth Sense was a mediocre movie with a hell of an ending, and nothing more.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can confirm that After Earth is not worth the watch. It's an average at best film.

Very little action. The story line is weak. And Jaden Smith is not good enough to carry a movie and that's essentially what was asked of him.

I got to watch it free of charge so I can't complain too much. But I definitely wouldn't recommend dropping $50 bucks to take the entire family out to see it.

dallen

Senior Tech
And I'll say it, the Sixth Sense was a mediocre movie with a hell of an ending, and nothing more.
I've never actually seen it. I walked into a buddies house in high school right while they were watching it and sat down and saw the last 10 minutes. Oops

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love The Sixth Sense...that summer there were a few of those kind of creepy suspenseful movies out there...Stir of Echos and Blair Witch.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Unbreakable is a favorite of mine too...I can watch Signs any time it is on. The Village began his downfall.

The Others was OK, I prefer Sixth Sense.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I've just never been a big Shyamalan fan. The Sixth Sense was okay. I didn't care for Signs and I never bothered with The Village or Devil. Unbreakable was just... eh.

But I actually liked Lady in the Water, so take this for what it's worth.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Devil is real good...although I think he was just a writer or producer for it.

Unbreakable is a slow burn with a nice payoff at the end. Not the Sam Jackson revelation, but when Willis used his "powers" to solve the crime at the end.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I didn't like Devil. What makes a whodunit interesting is that after the reveal you can look back and realize that you could have seen it all along. There were few to no clues that the devil was who he was. It was just like, turns out THIS person was the devil!

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched Behind The Candelabra on HBO. Soderberg could not get it into theaters because it was too gay, according to him. There was a shit load of gay stuff in it, but it was a real interesting look at Liberace and Scott Thorson. Crazy to think back in those days a man living so extravagantly and sparkly could just be explained away as an eccentric confirmed bachelor.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
'The Others' is a way better movie with a similar premise.
I watched The Others the first time and turned it off with 15 minutes to go because it was so slow. I went to work and was telling people how horrible it was, and was told to go back and watch it to the end. I was not disappointed. What a great ending to a movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Benicio Del Toro is in a lead role in Guardians of The Galaxy...supposedly it is Thanos.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I read it was Ronan The Accuser. [/comicgeek]
As reported Monday, Marvel Studios and director James Gunn have added thespian Benicio Del Toro to the progressively stellar cast of their Guardians of the Galaxy space epic adaptation. While the Academy Award-winning actor's lead role is unknown, his character is apparently “built to be part of future Marvel films,” which leads to speculation that The Wolfman actor is playing Thanos. However, a very reliable source confirms that Benicio Del Toro will really be playing Taneleer Tivan.

Better known as The Collector, one of the oldest sentient beings in all the cosmos, Taneleer Tivan's inclusion in Guardians of the Galaxy isn't exactly news. British actress Ophelia Lovibond was revealed last month to be playing a character in the film who “aides” Tivan. However, now that we know it's The Collector who's being set up for later appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, besides Guardians sequels, could Benicio Del Toro be reprising the role in The Avengers sequel?

Starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, John C. Reilly, Enzo Cilenti, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close with Benicio Del Toro, Guardians of the Galaxy is written & directed by James Gunn, and is set to be released in theaters on August 1, 2014.

Here's a little background info on The Collector via Marvel Wikia: After Taneleer Tivan's daughter Carina matured and abandoned him and his wife Matani, Matani soon died of mysteries causes. Tivan, who had thought that Matani was as immortal as him, could not resist it. He eventually had a vision seeing powerful things that would rise, determined to destroy the universe. He decided to prevent this from happening and dedicate his life to collect artifacts and living beings throughout the universe to place them out of danger. Then, after the destruction of the universe, he could re-populate it and bequeath the knowledge and cultures from past.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I love The Sixth Sense...that summer there were a few of those kind of creepy suspenseful movies out there...Stir of Echos and Blair Witch.
I was a big fan of Stir of Echoes.

Good flick.

D

Deuce

Guardians of the Galaxy sucks. Their only hope is that this cast can somehow salvage it. That said, we had to know Del Toro wouldn't be Thanos. We've already seen the CG villain at the end of Avengers so why make a live action version now?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I saw a very good movie recently on Netflix streaming. "Special Forces". It is French produced and well made. I recommend it.

Top Bottom