Mike Zimmer Hired as DC

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I suspect they'll be better in some areas but too many of our best players don't seem to have a killer instinct or they're distracted by the fame and notoriety that comes with being a Dallas Cowboy.
Yep. I think the team will still be pretty good. And they'll probably be well coached. It's just that the bar is set so high for McCarthy, I don't see how he's here past next year.

Doesn't help that our darling players know this, too. If things start going sideways -- and they probably will at some point -- they know very well that all the heat, all the spotlight, will go on the HC and not themselves. So not a lot of motivation to stick in there and turn it around.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Each team is different, but Mazi hurt last year's team more than any other single player I can recall in a long while.

We have a DL rebuild to conduct.

For Micah to work at DE, you either need serious beef at the other three spots, or to always be playing with the lead.

It's not easy to build rhythm or position mastery as a front seven player if you are changing roles from play to play. Not only does Micah switch roles, but there's a domino effect too.

Frankly I'd rather he stand up as a free-ranging LB who blitzes a lot. Then build a tough, durable, motivated, and yes bigger front four that keeps blockers off of Micah.

That basically solves the LB problem and lets us focus at improving vs the run.
That’s a lot to put on a rookie, dude.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is there somewhere on this staff for Wilks? The 9ers DC who just got fired.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Doesn't help that our darling players know this, too. If things start going sideways -- and they probably will at some point -- they know very well that all the heat, all the spotlight, will go on the HC and not themselves. So not a lot of motivation to stick in there and turn it around.
And that is exactly why I wanted everyone fired, and why I can't see next season being a good one.

What we've done since we lost that game is not what I'd consider a recipe for success.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And that is exactly why I wanted everyone fired, and why I can't see next season being a good one.

What we've done since we lost that game is not what I'd consider a recipe for success.

They certainly could fall apart next season, but I'd be surprised unless injuries factor in.

I'm with you on everybody should have been fired, simply because that performance was so unacceptable.

But I think this is a competent staff and got probably at least no less competent with Zimmer.

And a lot of people probably don't want to hear this but the fact that the players kept fighting to the end against GB, even though it was obvious by halftime that the game was lost, probably is a pretty good sign that the coaching staff did not lose the team, and there is a fair amount of character left in the locker room.

We might step back a little next year depending on how the offseason plays out, but maybe not. But I think more likely than not we'll have double digit wins and be a playoff team again, and as per usual the big question will be whether we shit the bed in the playoffs (also likely, which is where my biggest issue is).

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The fact that they didn't lose the team is the only reason Mike was not canned.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
He's already ruined by the culture.
Looks like it.

That's the culture set by Jerry. Making money is more important than winning.

Not that it matters that there is no money without the fans who don't give a fuck about anything but winning. But it seems us retards will always be around with our wallets open even though we're a league joke now.

Take a look at all the other franchise losers that haven't made a conference championship in 30 years. We're in a special category of fucking losers.

The Dallas Cowboys are one of those pathetic franchises that we used to make fun of no matter how many regular season wins they pile up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is that really Campo? :doh

p1_

DCC 4Life
I doubt it. He's more of a secondary guy and that's Zimmer's specialty.
Do you think we won’t hire a passing game coordinator ala Whitt was for DQ?
He might have intel on stopping Metro offense.

Top Bottom