Mike Zimmer Hired as DC

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I think it deserves it's own thread now that it's official, if not feel free to merge.

You want a real all-in move?

Danielle Hunter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Back to no turnovers.
Maybe but I think McCarthy's influence is partially to credit for the turnovers. We started getting a bunch of turnovers about halfway through 2020 before Quinn was brought on, at roughly the same rate that we got turnovers at between 2021-23.

I'd be fine with less turnovers (let's say league average) if it means being more structurally sound against the run and such.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Back to no turnovers.
I thought about the same thing.

I am not going to lie, Quinn brought a brand of defensive football to Dallas that has not been seen since Gene Stallings and Thurman's Thieves. It was very exciting and it won us some games we had no business winning.

But let's be completely honest, it was not a sustainable model for defensive football when it came to playing better teams.

Quinn could fuck up a Tommy DeVito or something, but when it came to powerhouse teams, we could not compete.

Hell, even fucking Josh Dobbs had his way with it.

The turnovers were always an issue with the D under Zimmer. In Minny, it was nothing in comparison to Quinn these last few years.

Maybe that is it. All I know is that this is not what I expected to be talking about a month ago.

shane

DCC 4Life
I like that Zimmer won’t coddle the players. Feel like Quinn was too much of a players’ coach and that wore thin. This was a good hire. Ultimately the team will still shit the bed when it matters

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I thought about the same thing.

I am not going to lie, Quinn brought a brand of defensive football to Dallas that has not been seen since Gene Stallings and Thurman's Thieves. It was very exciting and it won us some games we had no business winning.

But let's be completely honest, it was not a sustainable model for defensive football when it came to playing better teams.

Quinn could fuck up a Tommy DeVito or something, but when it came to powerhouse teams, we could not compete.

Hell, even fucking Josh Dobbs had his way with it.

The turnovers were always an issue with the D under Zimmer. In Minny, it was nothing in comparison to Quinn these last few years.

Maybe that is it. All I know is that this is not what I expected to be talking about a month ago.
The Vikings were about league average under Zimmer, I'd take league average but more sound vs. the run and better against top offenses over top 3-5 in turnovers every year while consistently getting beat down by top offenses.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like that Zimmer won’t coddle the players. Feel like Quinn was too much of a players’ coach and that wore thin. This was a good hire. Ultimately the team will still shit the bed when it matters
I agree. Quinn was a touchy feely and very much an emotional coach. He hugged guys a lot. The backwards camo hat related to all kinds of players.

I would rather have a bitter assassin as the DC who whips the cunts into shape than their buddy.

My only thing is how he can solve the competition with the Shanahan offense. If he can do that, that fixes the problem.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder if that's just because the league wants teams to stay quiet before the Super Bowl.

They'll probably announce it officially on Monday.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if that's just because the league wants teams to stay quiet before the Super Bowl.

They'll probably announce it officially on Monday.
Nope. It will be tomorrow. Then the NFL can have its stage since we took it back over being the relevant franchise we are.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Another re-tread

Top Bottom