Mike Nolan Fired

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Falcons had literally the worst pass defense in the league last year.
Yeah, this is one of those times that you kind of want the Joneses muscling in.

I get how familiarity works, but the dude is not the solution if he can't even have a high performing secondary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Falcons had literally the worst pass defense in the league last year.
If the guy couldn't have a top unit as a position coach, what the hell makes him qualified to run an entire defense?

I would much rather have a guy who has done it before and at a higher degree of success than Nolan.

Otherwise, firing him was pointless.

There is no guarantee that we don't see the same kind of virtual learning and installs again. COVID isn't going anywhere.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Tweet from @AdamSchefter: Panthers’ defensive pass game coordinator/secondary Jason Simmons just completed his interview with Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones for the Dallas Cowboys’ defensive coordinator position, per source. Simmons and McCarthy worked together in Green Bay.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tweet from @AdamSchefter: Panthers’ defensive pass game coordinator/secondary Jason Simmons just completed his interview with Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones for the Dallas Cowboys’ defensive coordinator position, per source. Simmons and McCarthy worked together in Green Bay.
anyone have scoop on this guy's credentials? Ive never heard of him.....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
oh, good. another friend of Mike's. that worked out splendidly the last time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is getting scarier by the moment.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
McCarthy had Carte Blanche with Nolan. Im thinking this hire will be different.

Input yes, hire your buddy who has no skins on the wall, no.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is getting scarier by the moment.
At this point I'd say these are just out of courtesy. I'm ok with a young up and Comer from a good defense but these guys don't seem like it. I think McCarthy is just trying to up these guys profiles for other jobs with other teams.

Top Bottom