Mike Nolan Fired

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll say this for Quinn, at least he's had top 5 defenses when he had talent. I don't care much about his HC stint - his defenses weren't as good in Atlanta but they did lack talent there, and like Wade Phillips, some guys are just better coordinators than HCs.

And to be fair to Quinn Atlanta did make it to the super bowl so he wasn't a disaster there.

Lewis would have been my first choice and maybe even Gus Bradley after that and maybe some other guys, but Quinn is honestly a solid choice if he's the guy.
I'm ok with Quinn but think Bradley would be the better choice. Both have at least shown they can coordinate an elite defense and are real 4-3 guys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm ok with Quinn but think Bradley would be the better choice. Both have at least shown they can coordinate an elite defense and are real 4-3 guys.
It is interesting to me that Bradley was not targeted over Quinn first. That tells me he is already in tow to be a DC for one of the new head coaching hires.

Quinn may not have had elite defenses in Atlanta but he wasn't done many favors with the personnel...especially the pass rush. There is a reason Blank fired the GM too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't really see what differentiation there is between the two, like I'd be just as happy with either. I guess Bradley did a decent enough job with the Chargers defense whereas Quinn only really did it with Seattle?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is interesting to me that Bradley was not targeted over Quinn first. That tells me he is already in tow to be a DC for one of the new head coaching hires.

Quinn may not have had elite defenses in Atlanta but he wasn't done many favors with the personnel...especially the pass rush. There is a reason Blank fired the GM too.
Yea, it's hard to tell for sure how much influence Quinn had over talent acquisition on defense, but ultimately he wasn't the coordinator and I don't think he had a huge voice in the process like someone such as Belichick would.

For reference, Demarcus Lawrence is probably better than any defensive player he had in Atlanta.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I sure wish Grady Jarrett would break loose from ATL some kind of way, dude is relentless.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really see what differentiation there is between the two, like I'd be just as happy with either. I guess Bradley did a decent enough job with the Chargers defense whereas Quinn only really did it with Seattle?
Not a ton but I think Bradley is the more creative and talented coach. But very similar. I can't complain much with either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I sure wish Grady Jarrett would break loose from ATL some kind of way, dude is relentless.
Maybe next year.

One guy I'd definitely be interested in is Damontae Kazee. He's not a blue chip signing by any means but he's a ballhawk who is really good making plays on the ball, missed most of 2020 but I think he'd be a great value signing who could easily start somewhere in the secondary.

He'll be nice and cheap so he'll by right up Stephen's alley.

p1_

DCC 4Life
been seeing something akin to Quinn and Whitt as a package deal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be shocked if it isn't already a done deal and they're just working out the logistics/details.

Everybody else they interviewed virtually, which Quinn apparently did on Saturday, and now he's coming in-person a few days later?

In this day and age there's no chance they'd physically bring him in unless it was more or less done.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So Surtain would be basically the perfect corner in Quinn's defense...
Only if he runs like a 4.43. Richard and basically all of those cover-3 disciples fetishize CB's who are like 6-1+/200+, with 32-33+ inch arms and run in the 4.4's.

Farley would seemingly fit that perfectly as well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Surtain were to theoretically run a 4.44 or something I'd be fine with him at 10, he's polished with good technique, great size, physicality, pedigree and so forth.

I wouldn't love it necessarily but I'd get it.

The problem is I just very much doubt he runs that.

Top Bottom