LOL @ The Eagles

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That may be the case but objectively Aikman could not have produced what Hurts did because of his athletic abilities. It all has to play out in time and the book will write itself.
In the case of Hurts its a pamphlet. Just like his career as a starter.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think Hurts is good enough to get them into the playoffs but I think they'd be a one and done playoff team.

Basically a repeat of last year.

Philly messed up last year by trying to treat him as if he were a pure pocket passer early in the season. After about 5 games of underwhelming play, they finally started tailoring the offensive game plan to his strengths. E.g., running the ball more and using rollout and play-action to create easier throws for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Two COMPLETELY different eras. You should be ashamed to even hint that those two QBs are even in the same stratosphere.

Unless of course you'd like to claim that Quincy Carter and Johnny Unitas are similar QBs. Their QB rating is.
Bingo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Completely misses the point. I was pointing out that Aikman is now a revered QB but his early years were a struggle. That being the case Hurts is struggling but his career isn’t completed and when it is then assess him as a viable QB or not. He doesn’t have a complete career yet to compare to anyone. But his early years haven’t defined him yet so if you want to laugh him off based on what he has done to this point you could have the same assessment of Aikman his first couple of seasons. Jimmy Johnson even had some thoughts of shit canning him for Walsh. And indeed Aikman has some talented people on the roster his first couple of years but he had a lot of help after the Hershel Walker trade so the team wasn’t completely on crutches.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Completely misses the point. I was pointing out that Aikman is now a revered QB but his early years were a struggle. That being the case Hurts is struggling but his career isn’t completed and when it is then assess him as a viable QB or not. He doesn’t have a complete career yet to compare to anyone. But his early years haven’t defined him yet so if you want to laugh him off based on what he has done to this point you could have the same assessment of Aikman his first couple of seasons. Jimmy Johnson even had some thoughts of shit canning him for Walsh. And indeed Aikman has some talented people on the roster his first couple of years but he had a lot of help after the Hershel Walker trade so the team wasn’t completely on crutches.
Nah man. You missed the point. Different types of QBs in totally different eras.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nah man. You missed the point. Different types of QBs in totally different eras.
Never tried to paint them as the same type QB. I only was comparing that both struggled early in their careers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Never tried to paint them as the same type QB. I only was comparing that both struggled early in their careers.
Uh, no. You started this shitfest by talking about QBR.

Fact is, most QBs struggle early in their careers, including HOFs like Aikman, Bradshaw, hell even Staubach kinda sucked right off the bat as a passer. So what?

I have no idea what you thought you were accomplishing but didn't help convince anyone to wait and see on Hurts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Hurts is good enough to get them into the playoffs but I think they'd be a one and done playoff team.

Basically a repeat of last year.

Philly messed up last year by trying to treat him as if he were a pure pocket passer early in the season. After about 5 games of underwhelming play, they finally started tailoring the offensive game plan to his strengths. E.g., running the ball more and using rollout and play-action to create easier throws for him.
In a way that saved their season by going to a running game. Stoutland is a hell of a schemer with his blocking schemes. That is what they are.

All in all, I can respect what the Eagles did by snagging more weapons for him.

He really has no excuses. But I am rarely wrong about QBs that just look they are faking it until they make it.

I bet the Eagles are shopping hard for a QB in April. They set themselves up for that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If anyone wants to declare that they predict Hurts is already a failure have a ball. I have always taken a wait and see approach and this circumstance is no different. I just don’t let general consensus of sports prognosticators do my thinking for me. I have seen him play at Alabama, Okla. U and now Philadelphia and so far he is still on a roster. I think he can play and I’ll wait until I decide he can’t.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh, shit. I completely forgot Hurts was a Sooner. Makes way more sense now.

data

Forbes #1
If anyone wants to declare that they predict Hurts is already a failure have a ball. I have always taken a wait and see approach and this circumstance is no different. I just don’t let general consensus of sports prognosticators do my thinking for me. I have seen him play at Alabama, Okla. U and now Philadelphia and so far he is still on a roster. I think he can play and I’ll wait until I decide he can’t.
Have you decided on Baker Mayfield, or has donning Carolina blue reset his clock for you?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Hurts
Football quarterback

View attachment 692343View attachment 692343

Overview

Stats

Transfers

Career

Contracts

Products

Main Results
Career stats

YearTeamCMP%YDSTDINTRating
2021Eagles61.33,14416987.2
2020Eagles52.01,0616477.6
Career59.04,205221384.7
Jalen Hurts Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Yeah based on 4 games as a rookie.

yeah Aikmams QBR hisrookie year was 55.7 after 11 games.
2021 from ESPN lists his QBR as 48.5
2021 SEASON STATS
  • YDS
    21st
  • TD
    Tied-23rd
  • INT
    8th
  • QBR
    19th

data

Forbes #1
2021 from ESPN lists his QBR as 48.5
2021 SEASON STATS
  • YDS
    21st
  • TD
    Tied-23rd
  • INT
    8th
  • QBR
    19th
I’m not familiar with QBR, but I doubt 54.6 being a stratosphere better than 48.5

Top Bottom