LOL @ The Eagles

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No, you’re solo with the lap running. I’m not gettin roped into the Aikman vs Hurts ludicre. :lol

My stratosphere comment is solely about questioning the QBR metric since Dak and Jalen score seemingly close, but Dak is a stratosphere above Jalen.
I never compared Hurts and Aikman careers. Nor did I compare them as Quarterbacks. I only compared their starts Which were similar because thy both struggled at their QB onset in the league. Hurts doesn't have a career yet to be compared. There was a bit of a knee jerk reaction by some.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I never compared Hurts and Aikman careers. Nor did I compare them as Quarterbacks. I only compared their starts Which were similar because thy both struggled at their QB onset in the league. Hurts doesn't have a career yet to be compared. There was a bit of a knee jerk reaction by some.
So then just say they both had rough starts to their careers. When you bring in stats you are COMPARING them. And I only said it was two different eras, so using stats doesn’t make sense. Because passing is infinitely easier now than it was years ago.

You go back further than any of us. If anybody should understand this, it should be you.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So then just say they both had rough starts to their careers. When you bring in stats you are COMPARING them. And I only said it was two different eras, so using stats doesn’t make sense. Because passing is infinitely easier now than it was years ago.

You go back further than any of us. If anybody should understand this, it should be you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean if we are discussing rough QB starts to a career there is a far longer list of guys who failed than guys who succeeded. But truth be told you can usually look at a QB, watch them and see if they are likely to turn a corner or if they just don't have it. Hurts looks more like Quincy Carter out there than Troy Aikman. Sometimes you can just tell a guy doesn't have the passing abilities to succeed as a starter.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I mean if we are discussing rough QB starts to a career there is a far longer list of guys who failed than guys who succeeded. But truth be told you can usually look at a QB, watch them and see if they are likely to turn a corner or if they just don't have it. Hurts looks more like Quincy Carter out there than Troy Aikman. Sometimes you can just tell a guy doesn't have the passing abilities to succeed as a starter.
Tim Tebow. All-world athlete. Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I know. But it's hard not to, man.

It's fucking hard...
Same way I have felt with multiple posters in the past. I won't name them. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Couldn't pour beer out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom of it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hurts hasn't shown as much improvement as you'd like to see when it comes to going through progressions in a timely manner.

That's probably the biggest thing I knocked him on when he was at Oklahoma. The guy was in his senior year with close to 50 starts under his belt and he still struggled to get the ball out of his hands on time on passing downs. That led to a lot of missed opportunities and him having to improvise on the fly. I've seen where quite a few Eagles fans have pointed out the same issue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The stats were their starting stats. They were similar. It was All about their starts. If you want to make pronouncements now thats fine but it’s just an opinion and not factual matter. As I said I will wait until it becomes factual then I will take it accordingly but at this point nothing is factual. So have an opinion but allow me to wait on the actual outcome. And I’m not in to bad a company. Saban thought he could play, Riley thought he could play and the Philadelphia coaches think he can play.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The stats were their starting stats. They were similar. It was All about their starts.
Yes. The numbers were similar. BUT THEY WERE IN COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT ERAS. Meaning, it was a hell of a lot easier for Hurts to get to those numbers then it was for Aikman. And that's not even taking into account the talent on the team each started out with. If they were both playing in the same era, you could bet they would be a lot worse for Hurts than they were for Aikman. If Hurts played in the late 80's-early 90's, his would be lower. If Aikman played now, his would be a lot higher.

And who gives a damn if people thought they could play? He's an athletic guy. Of course teams will try to develop that. How else would you explain guys like Tim Tebow, JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, etc... They had ability, too. But turns out, they couldn't play. Shocking, I know.

Last time I'm gonna say this. If you want to remain stubbornly and willfully ignorant to it, be my guest.

I'm done. You win.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes. The numbers were similar. BUT THEY WERE IN COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT ERAS. Meaning, it was a hell of a lot easier for Hurts to get to those numbers then it was for Aikman. And that's not even taking into account the talent on the team each started out with. If they were both playing in the same era, you could bet they would be a lot worse for Hurts than they were for Aikman. If Hurts played in the late 80's-early 90's, his would be lower. If Aikman played now, his would be a lot higher.

And who gives a damn if people thought they could play? He's an athletic guy. Of course teams will try to develop that. How else would you explain guys like Tim Tebow, JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, etc... They had ability, too. But turns out, they couldn't play. Shocking, I know.

Last time I'm gonna say this. If you want to remain stubbornly and willfully ignorant to it, be my guest.

I'm done. You win.
Thanks for your opinion. I will wait and see how it actually turns out. Currently my opinion is I think he can play and that’s not based on how well Aikman could play.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'm done. You win.
Bro you let yourself get LT'd again

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I'm done. You win.
I think your have a few more laps coming.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wait...

Nope. Not going to do it.

data

Forbes #1
Keep my name out of your Reply-to-Post

/WillSmith

Top Bottom