LOL @ The Eagles

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Your reaction would also apply to Troy Aikman. Hurts has about the same passer rating.
Two COMPLETELY different eras. You should be ashamed to even hint that those two QBs are even in the same stratosphere.

Unless of course you'd like to claim that Quincy Carter and Johnny Unitas are similar QBs. Their QB rating is.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wonder if @L.T. Fan fan would have the same opinion if Hurts had never left Alabama...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Two COMPLETELY different eras. You should be ashamed to even hint that those two QBs are even in the same stratosphere.

Unless of course you'd like to claim that Quincy Carter and Johnny Unitas are similar QBs. Their QB rating is.
Why ridicule Hurts? He is just starting his career so why not wait until he has a chance to see how things turn out. Aikman has a pretty shakey start also. You are comparing without any basis for knowing how things will turn out. Shame on you as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why ridicule Hurts? He is just starting his career so why not wait until he has a chance to see how things turn out. Aikman has a pretty shakey start also. You are comparing without any basis for knowing how things will turn out. Shame on you as well.
Hurts has played enough to see what he is. An inaccurate passer that runs well. That has a pretty damn good online in front of him.

want to talk about what Aikman played with his first couple years? Night and day when compared to Hurts supporting cast. Yet we could still see that Aikman had something.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hurts has never started?
His career has barley started. His career is just getting underway. Aikman had several years to build his career and establish what you are using to compare with Hurts. It not a fair comparison to write him off at this point. Unless you are willing to look at Aikman and only use the first year and half as his total production. The thing is everyone’s is basing Hurts abilities on assessments of a few games. Give the kid a chance to play out and then make an assessment.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Might want to check again...

Hurts
Football quarterback

1657831425548.jpeg1657831425548.jpeg

Overview

Stats

Transfers

Career

Contracts

Products

Main Results
Career stats

YearTeamCMP%YDSTDINTRating
2021Eagles61.33,14416987.2
2020Eagles52.01,0616477.6
Career59.04,205221384.7
Jalen Hurts Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
That is his rating but Shoop is correct with his QBR rating. It was even worse the year before.
Yeah based on 4 games as a rookie.
That is his rating but Shoop is correct with his QBR rating. It was even worse the year before.
yeah Aikmams QBR hisrookie year was 55.7 after 11 games.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
His career has barley started. His career is just getting underway. Aikman had several years to build his career and establish what you are using to compare with Hurts. It not a fair comparison to write him off at this point. Unless you are willing to look at Aikman and only use the first year and half as his total production. The thing is everyone’s is basing Hurts abilities on assessments of a few games. Give the kid a chance to play out and then make an assessment.
Your insistence on comparing Hurts to Aikman is strange. Two completely different QBs, in two completely different eras. Aikman early on took a beating behind an awful oline, and had a young Irvin with nobody else, yet you could still see he had something. Hurts has a very good line, and pretty good skill position players helping him out. And you can still see he has awful mechanics, to go along with awful accuracy. And a tendency to pull it down and run before he should.

You want to die on the Hurts hill, be my guest.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
yeah Aikmams QBR hisrookie year was 55.7 after 11 games.
Hurts didnt have to go through what Aikman did either. Much better team than Aikmans team so of course his QBR was going to be bad.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Your insistence on comparing Hurts to Aikman is strange. Two completely different QBs, in two completely different eras. Aikman early on took a beating behind an awful oline, and had a young Irvin with nobody else, yet you could still see he had something. Hurts has a very good line, and pretty good skill position players helping him out. And you can still see he has awful mechanics, to go along with awful accuracy. And a tendency to pull it down and run before he should.

You want to die on the Hurts hill, be my guest.
I’m not going to die on anyones hill. I’m comparing Hurts early career with Aikman and there’s not a hell of of lot of difference. I’m willing to see how things turn out with a fair and objective assessment when a career is established rather than parrot what someone is saying about it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Main Results
Career stats

YearTeamCMP%YDSTDINTRating
2021Eagles61.33,14416987.2
2020Eagles52.01,0616477.6
Career59.04,205221384.7
Apparently, you do not know the difference between QBR and passer rating. Shoop was correct in stating his QBR was 48.5 last year.

Passer rating is a bad stat with the way the league is so slanted towards passing nowadays. With the way it's going, a passer rating of 84.5 is pretty shitty. League average type QBs are posting ratings of 90 and higher. The elite guys are now all well over 100. Back in the day, a rating of 85 was pretty good. Anything over 90 was damn good.

QBR is now a much better stat in evaluating quarterback play. And Hurts just hasn't measured up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hurts didnt have to go through what Aikman did either. Much better team than Aikmans team so of course his QBR was going to be bad.
That may be the case but objectively Aikman could not have produced what Hurts did because of his athletic abilities. It all has to play out in time and the book will write itself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m not going to die on anyones hill. I’m comparing Hurts early career with Aikman and there’s not a hell of of lot of difference. I’m willing to see how things turn out with a fair and objective assessment when a career is established rather than parrot what someone is saying about it.
Again.... TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ERAS. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Quarterbacks back then could have their heads nearly ripped from their body, and that was just normal play. Somebody looks a bit rudely at a quarterback now, and it's 15 yards. And possible ejection, depending how badly their feelings were hurt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Apparently, you do not know the difference between QBR and passer rating. Shoop was correct in stating his QBR was 48.5 last year.

Passer rating is a bad stat with the way the league is so slanted towards passing nowadays. With the way it's going, a passer rating of 84.5 is pretty shitty. League average type QBs are posting ratings of 90 and higher. The elite guys are now all well over 100. Back in the day, a rating of 85 was pretty good. Anything over 90 was damn good.

QBR is now a much better stat in evaluating quarterback play. And Hurts just hasn't measured up.
I saw Aikman early career up close and personal and he struggled his first couple years. Hurts also struggled but he hasn’t had an opportunity to play out what ever his legacy may be. When he does then I will assess him as a viable QB.

Top Bottom