Jaylon Smith Released!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Say what you will about Fat Mike, but he and his staff are changing the way shit is done around here.

During the Dark Ages of the Red Headed Albatross, and even before, guys like Jaylon Smith were made men. Continuing to suck on the field, while eating up huge chunks of cap space. Getting in the way of younger, more talented players, spreading their loser stink throughout the roster. But no more.

Hallefuckinlujah.
Absolutely.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, I am technically. My chicken.
Damn.

I don't really know how to react to this.

On one hand, I am a little repulsed. On the other hand, I kinda want to cheer you on, and am happy for you.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Only thing missing is a video of that superfan guy celebrating in his flip flops skating around in his Cowboys mancave.

:unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
WOW.....I'm shocked!

I mean, I'm happy about it for sure but I can't believe they cut him just a month into the season.

I know this is gonna sound like a really dumb question, but why cut him now? Yes, he's terrible and I'm glad he's gone, but the timing just seems odd is all.

Man, I love this coaching staff. They've got balls and they aren't holding on to dead weight the way Garrett's staff did.

What are these guys doing to convince the Jones' of this?
I think they see what we've all seen the last few years. Jaylon's such a liability that he's hurting the team more than he's helping. I've said all along, a common JAG street FA could fill his role and do a much better job.

A JAG may not make a bunch of splash plays but at least you can depend on them to make the routine plays, like properly filling a gap and holding a runner to a 3 or 4 yard gain. Whereas with Jaylon, he rarely fills gaps properly and can't shed blocks to save his life. So those runs that would normally only net 3 or 4 yards turn into 20+ yards thanks to Captain Swipe's incompetence.

Purely from a football production standpoint this was probably an easy decision for McCarthy and Quinn. I wonder how much convincing they had to do with Jerry. Jerry's always bought more into the flash than the substance. So this decision probably hurt the old man.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
There is a huge reason I am over the top on this one. And, it's Jerry. I love that man, today. He is a terrible GM, but it has always been because of his propensity for controlling the roster to a point he almost ruined the team.

Credit where it's due. Unreal. I love Jerry Jones right now. Judge me how you may.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man....it's crazy how just the simple release of a player can excite you so much but it's so encouraging.

It's not just getting rid of an awful player with a loser's mentality, it's what IT SAYS about the direction the organization is going.

Just the thought that we might actually be operating like a real NFL organization is enough to make you want to homer out.

I cannot remember the last time I felt this encouraged about Cowboys football as I do right now.

What a night!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry watched the film.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
In all seriousness, that tells you a lot about that guy and his intelligence, or lack thereof.

Whatever chance he has to become even a decent football player again will only survive if he humbles himself and makes smarter choices.

He is not an intelligent person at all, or at least he hasn't acted like one since he got that contract.

Cotton

Staff member
Man....it's crazy how just the simple release of a player can excite you so much but it's so encouraging.

It's not just getting rid of an awful player with a loser's mentality, it's what IT SAYS about the direction the organization is going.

Just the thought that we might actually be operating like a real NFL organization is enough to make you want to homer out.

I cannot remember the last time I felt this encouraged about Cowboys football as I do right now.

What a night!
Exactly my point. When is the last time we released a player on a big contract? Especially a player that was deemed a "captain" of the team? Man, this feels good.

Top Bottom