Jaylon Smith Released!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Reeeeeeally starting to get sucked in now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WOW.....I'm shocked!

I mean, I'm happy about it for sure but I can't believe they cut him just a month into the season.

I know this is gonna sound like a really dumb question, but why cut him now? Yes, he's terrible and I'm glad he's gone, but the timing just seems odd is all.

Man, I love this coaching staff. They've got balls and they aren't holding on to dead weight the way Garrett's staff did.

What are these guys doing to convince the Jones' of this?
Do not question it. We are FINALLY doing the right thing. It has been a couple of decades of us keeping players too damn long, and Jerry latching on. This is a huge day for this organization. God, I am over the top right now.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I can’t be that thrilled, I mean, the guy had to go, he wasn’t playing well, he was overly focused on non football stuff, his persona on and off the field was odd and had corny catchphrases and things like the swipe and the clear eye view, and he definitely had thin skin. It also wouldn’t surprise me, not that this is a reason to cut him, that he announces he is gay at some point.

But this was a feel good story and also was a guy who really could have been a Hall of Fame caliber LB who I was hoping would be a cornerstone here, and could never really make it work. It’s a little sad too.

I also bet the contract affected his work ethic.
I don't think the nerve ever fully regenerated. Watching him run like a stork was painful. Then there were the bad angles, the poor reading of plays, etc.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He should have been cut when he requested #9.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can’t be that thrilled, I mean, the guy had to go, he wasn’t playing well, he was overly focused on non football stuff, his persona on and off the field was odd and had corny catchphrases and things like the swipe and the clear eye view, and he definitely had thin skin. It also wouldn’t surprise me, not that this is a reason to cut him, that he announces he is gay at some point.

But this was a feel good story and also was a guy who really could have been a Hall of Fame caliber LB who I was hoping would be a cornerstone here, and could never really make it work. It’s a little sad too.

I also bet the contract affected his work ethic.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, it sucks.

We missed again on a premium pick and that's not good.

I'm hoping this staff reduces the amount of injury risk picks that we make in the higher rounds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That actually was one of my first thoughts. They had the talk with him that Cox needed to get on the field and he didn't react well.
And if that is the case, it is fucking funny as hell and really shows that the guy really wasn't just acting all arrogant and know it all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Right.

He wasn't playing well, but he made a couple of decent plays the last few weeks as opposed to the usual bunch of nothing he usually gave us.

So why now?
WGAS? They are doing it the right way now. Yes, they shouldn't have signed him to that contract, but when is the las time you can remember Jerry getting out from under a bad contract this fast? FUcking amazing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Say what you will about Fat Mike, but he and his staff are changing the way shit is done around here.

During the Dark Ages of the Red Headed Albatross, and even before, guys like Jaylon Smith were made men. Continuing to suck on the field, while eating up huge chunks of cap space. Getting in the way of younger, more talented players, spreading their loser stink throughout the roster. But no more.

Hallefuckinlujah.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Who's gonna post the 1st Quincy pic?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom