Jaylon Smith Released!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is a big day for us, boys. We are just starting to see it. This is a huge day for us. My god.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Clear. Eye. View.

Say that reminds me, I am going to unfollow him on Twitter now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is a big day for us, boys. We are just starting to see it. This is a huge day for us. My god.
I can't say I have had a more gratifying release since Quincy Carter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was a completely unnecessary contract at that. The guy has one solid year and these hillbillies break the bank for him.
That was all on Jones trying to come out looking smart and also the feel good story.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I haven't been this happy since Witten retired ... the first time

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
he didn't help himself with the cockiness and arrogance
I've had this discussion with Cowboy fans I know. I think this is the biggest reason that he fell out of favor with the fans.

Players have played poorly before but fans generally give you a break if you own your poor play. If he'd just admit that he played poorly and needed to be better, he'd have a lot more fans in his corner. But instead, his arrogant ass will have a game where he blows multiple assignments and misreads run plays that leads to several big plays, and his response is "watch the tape. I'm doing my job. Fans don't know our schemes."

Therefore it's no surprise most of the fan base have turned on him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Man....it's crazy how just the simple release of a player can excite you so much but it's so encouraging.
I'm trying to remember the last time the release of a Cowboys player made the fan base this happy.

Any nominations?

Top Bottom