Jaylon Smith Released!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm guessing there is more to this. The guy has been sucking for awhile but they still used him. Jaylon must have said or did something for the Cowboys to drop the hammer now. I'm a bit shocked they had the balls to do it.
Yeah, maybe Schmitty is onto something and they had a discussion about his playing time and it just didn't go well at all.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Right.

He wasn't playing well, but he made a couple of decent plays the last few weeks as opposed to the usual bunch of nothing he usually gave us.

So why now?
He played significantly more snaps with Neal out, maybe they saw him mostly putzing around and figured he was too far gone.

Plus Neal is back and Smith was going back to his 40% or whatever snaps a game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The $5 million or whatever that we're saving next year is nice but the real savings are in like 2023 and 2024 when his 10+ million cap hits are completely gone.

We could easily sign a guy to a 4/40 deal with a 2022 cap hit of 5 million and then hits of like 10, 11 or so in the next few years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The $5 million or whatever that we're saving next year is nice but the real savings are in like 2023 and 2024 when his 10+ million cap hits are completely gone.

We could easily sign a guy to a 4/40 deal with a 2022 cap hit of 5 million and then hits of like 10, 11 or so in the next few years.
Make it Gallup then.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That would be fucking funny if so.
Given how arrogant and defiant the guy has been and continues to be, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that he was that delusional even when discussing his play with the coaches.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Was in my car when the TIcket broke in with this... Let out so many WOOOOOOOOs I probably permanently damaged my vocal cords.

BUT DON"T EVEN CARE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :towel :towel :towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, when part of our day every day, the week after the previous game, we post gifs of him looking like a fucking retard on the field...maybe it hasn't gone unnoticed on the staff.

I still am in a state of total shock.
As am I.

I mean, the move makes sense and we've been wanting it for a while, it's just shocking to see it happen and the timing of it all makes that much more surprising.

Maybe they took his advice and actually did watch the film. :art

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, maybe Schmitty is onto something and they had a discussion about his playing time and it just didn't go well at all.
That actually was one of my first thoughts. They had the talk with him that Cox needed to get on the field and he didn't react well.

Who really cares though.... He gone. Maybe this is what Cooper meant about something special happening. :unsure

I put on The Fan and they called that Bobby Belt guy. He sounds confused and disappointed. Are you kidding me? The guy sucks and this is awesome.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can’t be that thrilled, I mean, the guy had to go, he wasn’t playing well, he was overly focused on non football stuff, his persona on and off the field was odd and had corny catchphrases and things like the swipe and the clear eye view, and he definitely had thin skin. It also wouldn’t surprise me, not that this is a reason to cut him, that he announces he is gay at some point.

But this was a feel good story and also was a guy who really could have been a Hall of Fame caliber LB who I was hoping would be a cornerstone here, and could never really make it work. It’s a little sad too.

I also bet the contract affected his work ethic.

Top Bottom