Jaylon Smith Released!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
WGAS? They are doing it the right way now. Yes, they shouldn't have signed him to that contract, but when is the las time you can remember Jerry getting out from under a bad contract this fast? FUcking amazing.
Yeah, that's the biggest shock -- the timing.

Because it says that someone or multiple someone's had to convince Jerry to do something that is completely out of character for him.

And if that happened, it means this staff has his ear in a way that we haven't seen since Parcells was here.

And if that's the case? Shiiiieeeeeeeeet........we might just have a chance to go places for the first time in a long time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's a good example of how fricked up the DFW media culture has been around this team that these Fan guys seem almost depressed. The Bobby Belt guy (who I guess actually works for the NFL they said?) especially. I'm sure just because Smith was a swell guy and was pretty good a few years ago.

Who cares, he sucked, he was dead weight, he was probably a bad influence with his Made Man attitude. They should be happy about it.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Well, when part of our day every day, the week after the previous game, we post gifs of him looking like a fucking retard on the field...maybe it hasn't gone unnoticed on the staff.

I still am in a state of total shock.
Maybe this team finally gets it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm seriously asking, when was the last time Jerry released a guy he just signed to a big contract?

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!
TO?

I wonder if Jaylon got the dividing line on the napkin treatment?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This may be a turning point for this team. This has made my fucking night. Maybe my fucking decade when it comes to the Cowboys.

OMG, I need to breathe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can’t be that thrilled, I mean, the guy had to go, he wasn’t playing well, he was overly focused on non football stuff, his persona on and off the field was odd and had corny catchphrases and things like the swipe and the clear eye view, and he definitely had thin skin. It also wouldn’t surprise me, not that this is a reason to cut him, that he announces he is gay at some point.
I have thought about the gay angle myself. At any rate, he is still an odd character who quite honestly reminds me a lot of Roy Williams in how he was star briefly and then was just awful after that. But got ridiculed and bristled against criticism.

But this was a feel good story and also was a guy who really could have been a Hall of Fame caliber LB who I was hoping would be a cornerstone here, and could never really make it work.
How do we know he would have been a Hall of Fame caliber LBer?

His injury defined him. Jones set up the theatrics and he ended up paying for it dearly.

It’s a little sad too.
There is not a damn sad part about this.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a good example of how fricked up the DFW media culture has been around this team that these Fan guys seem almost depressed. The Bobby Belt guy (who I guess actually works for the NFL they said?) especially. I'm sure just because Smith was a swell guy and was pretty good a few years ago.

Who cares, he sucked, he was dead weight, he was probably a bad influence with his Made Man attitude. They should be happy about it.
The DFW media is shit.

Cotton

Staff member
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Wow I'm kind of loving the 2021 Dallas Cowboys. All the best to Jaylon Smith in his future endeavors but he was hurting the team. Sad he never really recovered from that knee injury.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This may be a turning point for this team. This has made my fucking night. Maybe my fucking decade when it comes to the Cowboys.

OMG, I need to breathe.
Dude, I may not sleep tonight. This is the best news in forever. I still almost can't believe it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know this will turn into a some kind of voodoo curse that ruins this season.

It is beginning way too good.

Cotton

Staff member
Such a sickening display of homerism.

Your Jerry-love is showing.
Credit where credit is due.

I started a damn website and went to great lengths, including going on radio shows and local news shows to "take Jerry down". I spent a lot of time trying to get that dumbass movement going. I hate that motherfucker. A lot.

I love him tonight.

Top Bottom