Jamal Adams Requests Trade

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
highlight #2: he's the third guy to tackle the receiver. big deal.
BOOM!!!!11!!!!!!!!

STAY DOWN, BIZNATCH!!!!!!

He is about a biscuit shy of a LBer.

Oh.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cowboys TRUTHS about Jamal Adams

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Other than his knack for sacks, I was underwhelmed.
He's a typical box safety who's better the closer he is to the LOS. I prefer my safeties to cover and get sacks from my linemen. Even though he's the best at his position, he hasn't improved the Jets all that much.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Other than his knack for sacks, I was underwhelmed.
LOL. This is a safety.

He's instinctively around the ball and can play anywhere on the field. We have no player like this. Nothing close. Our guys are much stiffer hips and have terrible change of direction.

This guy can do anything you ask him to and is obviously much more physical than our players. By far.

If they only asked for our 2020 first rounder, it's a no-brainer

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's a typical box safety who's better the closer he is to the LOS. I prefer my safeties to cover and get sacks from my linemen. Even though he's the best at his position, he hasn't improved the Jets all that much.
Well, the Jets suck, so...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just wish this would end, but it will end up as another drawn out big bag of nothing just like Thomas was.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just wish this would end, but it will end up as another drawn out big bag of nothing just like Thomas was.
While this is likely true and statistically the most likely scenario, there is tangible evidence that the team is interested (a concrete trade offer including a first was offered) and tangible evidence that Dallas is among Adams' preferred choices, and could quite possibly be the preferred choice.

There is way more concrete evidence to this than there was with Thomas.

p1_

DCC 4Life
While this is likely true and statistically the most likely scenario, there is tangible evidence that the team is interested (a concrete trade offer including a first was offered) and tangible evidence that Dallas is among Adams' preferred choices, and could quite possibly be the preferred choice.

There is way more concrete evidence to this than there was with Thomas.
Was the original offer limited to just a first rounder? Do you recall details?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A 1st and Anthony Brown supposedly, which is close to what I think would be a fair offer.

A 1st, one of our multitude of decent but not great DB's (Awuzie, Woods, Lewis, etc.) and like a 5th is a very fair offer I think.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The Jets engaged the Dallas Cowboys in NFL deadline trade talks - talks that were not exactly "close'' - they Cowboys offered a first-round pick and cornerback Anthony Brown and New York essentially wanted three times that. Maybe New York wasn't serious enough.Apr 17, 2020

p1_

DCC 4Life
A 1st and Anthony Brown supposedly, which is close to what I think would be a fair offer.

A 1st, one of our multitude of decent but not great DB's (Awuzie, Woods, Lewis, etc.) and like a 5th is a very fair offer I think.
I wonder if that offer still stands; they might be more amenable at this point.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wonder if that offer still stands; they might be more amenable at this point.
I'd be surprised if it didn't stand, but I agree that I don't think the Jets want to deal him at all. They just want to slow roll his extension but if he escalates things by holding out of regular season games I don't see how they can hold on to him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Jets engaged the Dallas Cowboys in NFL deadline trade talks - talks that were not exactly "close'' - they Cowboys offered a first-round pick and cornerback Anthony Brown and New York essentially wanted three times that. Maybe New York wasn't serious enough.Apr 17, 2020
I would never willingly trade Adams if I were NY. You'll never get what he's worth. He was the rare 6th overall pick who has risen to his draft status, and he's a leader who brings energy to the field.

Jets should be looking at the Jalen Ramsey trade as the standard: two 1sts and a 4th.

When last did a safety ever command multiple 1st rounders in a trade? The NFL overvalues CBs and undervalues Safeties.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I would never willingly trade Adams if I were NY. You'll never get what he's worth. He was the rare 6th overall pick who has risen to his draft status, and he's a leader who brings energy to the field.

Jets should be looking at the Jalen Ramsey trade as the standard: two 1sts and a 4th.

When last did a safety ever command multiple 1st rounders in a trade? The NFL overvalues CBs and undervalues Safeties.
Why let a player bitch his way out of a contract?

Top Bottom