Jamal Adams Requests Trade

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Some random ESPN donk tweeted that Adams is looking to be paid as one of the top defensive players in general
What a joke.

Why wouldn't TJ Watt or every good defensive player under contract under any rookie deal make this same move?

Hey, he's a good safety and worth a 1st and a good contract.

But Hells no to the top defensive player money. It would be one thing if the dude had double digit picks or forced fumbles or something.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Like Beckham, he's got a big mouth and will never be happy, even if you pay him. We need a ball-hawking free safety, anyway.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd want a deal basically worked out before I'd ever make a trade like has been mentioned.
Yea, given all the smoke and implied backdoor communication between him and the team I'd expect a deal to be worked out ahead of time if we did indeed trade for him.

Still doesn't mean I'd be willing to give up a 1+ and a 20+/year contract.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yea, given all the smoke and implied backdoor communication between him and the team I'd expect a deal to be worked out ahead of time if we did indeed trade for him.

Still doesn't mean I'd be willing to give up a 1+ and a 20+/year contract.
Gonna be a big tease and somebody is gonna overpay and it won't be us (I hope).

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Baltimore doesn't make much sense. They only have 7 million in space right now and cutting Thomas would actually cost them cap space, not save it.

So they'd basically be paying a 1 and change, along with handing out a huge extension, so they could bench either Thomas on a huge deal or Chuck Clark who they just extended a few months ago. And on top of that they just gave Marcus Peters a big extension and Marlon Humphrey is going to be one of the highest paid CB's in the league in 2 years.

It makes sense in that Adams is a blue chip player but giving up a 1+ and a huge extension to add to a secondary that already has like 4-5 guys on extensions seems like a misallocation of resources.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The opportunity value is so unpredictable.

Had that trade actually gone through last year we’d have lost CeeDee Lamb.

But it could have been a Taco Charlton or David LaFleur in another draft.

Very hard to tell that far before the college season unfolds. If it unfolds.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The opportunity value is so unpredictable.

Had that trade actually gone through last year we’d have lost CeeDee Lamb.

But it could have been a Taco Charlton or David LaFleur in another draft.

Very hard to tell that far before the college season unfolds. If it unfolds.
It's impossible to predict, particularly because this specific scenario where Lamb fell to us at 17 is very rare. If the opportunity cost was a guy like Chaisson I'd definitely prefer Adams, but where would we actually be picking if we had Adams for the last half of the year? 20? 22? 24?

We'd have likely been looking at guys like Ruiz and Kenneth Murray at that point and Adams would be a no-brainer choice over them. And would we have made the playoffs with Adams?

That might have bought dumbass Garrett another year or two which would be quite literally the worst case scenario.

All I know is I wouldn't trade Lamb for Adams straight up so I'm thrilled we didn't do the deal, although I'd have preferred Adams over almost everybody else who went in that range (Jeudy, Terrell, Wirfs, Ruggs, Becton, Wills, Henderson, perhaps even Kinlaw). You'd have to go all the way to 8 with Simmons, or maybe even 7 with Brown to get to a prospect I'd 100% take over Adams, we just got extremely lucky that a legitimate blue chip player with no red flags fell for no good reason.

That's a long way of saying that if you're playing the odds I think Adams would be the better choice in the majority of scenarios if you're just talking Adams straight up for a 1. I think the fact that we are rid of Garrett only strengthens that argument, because ultimately if we do make the trade I'd expect us to be picking no higher than 24 or so.

data

Forbes #1
The Steelers are very happy with their Minkah Fitzpatrick trade methinks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
highlight #2: he's the third guy to tackle the receiver. big deal.

Top Bottom