Giants Stuff...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sorry I just don't care. I think he has the mental makeup of a great player still but his physical skills have declined so far that I don't think he would help at all on the field. We need young guys with legs. Clearly this defense is getting tired and giving half ass effort. I don't think a rusty Sean Lee is going to help at all. Just my opinion though. I'm sure some think his play recognition would help the other players.
Lee was going a half Speed some last season. He really cannot run full out any more. I think he wants to give full effort but his body won’t allow it. He looks to me like he is done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The one bit of good news in the shit storm that is the 2020 OL is that I think Biadasz looks like a long-term keeper. His all-22 against Cleveland was impressive, he wasn't perfect but he clearly already has more of an anchor than Williams and I like his awareness at the center spot, his head is always on a swivel looking for work and seeing if guys are leaking towards him on a stunt.

It was only one game but he really looked solid, there are some areas where he has to improve (pad level, hand use/placement, general balance) but I think there's quite a bit to work with there and I'd honestly be surprised if he went back to the bench even when Looney is healthy.

If we don't add anybody of note on the OL it probably makes most sense to go with the Knight-Williams-Biadasz-Looney-Martin combination that we had in the Seattle game.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Eh. I am tired of Lawrence telling it how it is and he still sucks every week.
So am I. He's nothing but mouth, who gives a fuck what he has to say about anything at this point?

He's talked about being better 'next game' for almost a year now.

I'm sick of hearing anything from that 'Hotboyz' douchebag.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Crawford always gets hurt and he looks worse than ever before. I wish the team would just make him go away but injuries seem to be the only thing that can do that.
They have a form of mental illness when it comes to that clown. They see a player that's just not there. And it bleeds into their media staff as well, they've had the same blinders on for years when it comes to Crawford.

I just can't understand how someone isn't on a screen someplace just screaming about the horrible player, the horrible contract, and a stubborn, irrational insistence on keeping him around.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
The one bit of good news in the shit storm that is the 2020 OL is that I think Biadasz looks like a long-term keeper. His all-22 against Cleveland was impressive, he wasn't perfect but he clearly already has more of an anchor than Williams and I like his awareness at the center spot, his head is always on a swivel looking for work and seeing if guys are leaking towards him on a stunt.

It was only one game but he really looked solid, there are some areas where he has to improve (pad level, hand use/placement, general balance) but I think there's quite a bit to work with there and I'd honestly be surprised if he went back to the bench even when Looney is healthy.

If we don't add anybody of note on the OL it probably makes most sense to go with the Knight-Williams-Biadasz-Looney-Martin combination that we had in the Seattle game.
Looney is out a couple of weeks though, right?

If so, I think I'd put McGovern at RG and roll with your same lineup rather than putting Steele out there again to cause another back-breaking sack fumble.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So am I. He's nothing but mouth, who gives a fuck what he has to say about anything at this point?

He's talked about being better 'next game' for almost a year now.

I'm sick of hearing anything from that 'Hotboyz' douchebag.

This is the "leader" of the defense.

We may be starting to get to the root of the problem if that's the attitude of the leader.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
This is the "leader" of the defense.

We may be starting to get to the root of the problem if that's the attitude of the leader.
I think you're exactly right.

And remember all of the talk about what a "leader" Crawford was? Or how him 'doing the dirty work' is what Lawrence missed as to why he sucked for the second half of last season? It's a bunch of bullshit.

The sad truth is that the defense has no leadership. All bark, no bite. A bunch of bitches that get pissy on Twitter when they're called out for their shitty play. That's who this team has on defense. No fight in 'em, unless it's on social media.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Wouldn't kicking Williams out to LT be the best move? His only real issue is his lack of an "anchor"... he's got good footwork and hand placement.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't kicking Williams out to LT be the best move? His only real issue is his lack of an "anchor"... he's got good footwork and hand placement.
The guy was a really good college OT and a mediocre at best NFL guard. Why not move him to LT and possibly make him a long term player instead of someone who needs upgraded every year. He may be solid at LT and I would take that.

If Smith is shot like it looks like why not try a guy who has all the LT skills you want except long arms.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's worth a shot but something tells me the way he gets ragdolled around would translate to LT as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's worth a shot but something tells me the way he gets ragdolled around would translate to LT as well.
Maybe but I like his chances of not getting ragdolled by a 260 pound dude a lot better than being ragdolled by a 310 pound dude.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Maybe but I like his chances of not getting ragdolled by a 260 pound dude a lot better than being ragdolled by a 310 pound dude.
I agree. He has always struck me as a more natural tackle than guard. Not saying he would be all world, but perhaps something more than just competent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. He has always struck me as a more natural tackle than guard. Not saying he would be all world, but perhaps something more than just competent.
I think he could be a Doug Free level OT. Free played best at RT but I think that's what I'd hope for Connor Williams but at LT.

Top Bottom