Giants Stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get this aversion to young guys either. You admit he outplayed Thompson and yet you don't know if he will start? How does that make sense. Like Badass, he played really well. But it took an injury to Looney to just let the man play.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He probably just doesn't want to tell the Giants.

Furboy

Whoa An Active DCCer
I almost don't even give a shit anymore. This defense has just flat out taken it out of me.
I hope we win, but I'm honestly not going to be surprised if we lose. I guess you can say that I'm comfortably numb.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's been one of the few bright spots this year.

I think every Cowboys fan in America was ready to throw him away after week 1. :lol I guess it was just nerves or that random bad game that everyone has.
I always believed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's been one of the few bright spots this year.

I think every Cowboys fan in America was ready to throw him away after week 1. :lol I guess it was just nerves or that random bad game that everyone has.
I was ready to throw him away. But in my defense I don't think he has shown anything since joining the NFL. It wasn't just 1 bad week, it was the sum of everything he had done to that point. Glad to be wrong though. Sometimes a guy just needs extended playing time to show what he can do.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So far this season the Giants best offense has been Daniel Jones scrambling. I think he's going to hit at least 50 yards rushing. I think he'll easily exploit Jaylon Smith's lack of football IQ and discipline.

Along those same lines, Jones is going to extend plays with his legs so I expect the secondary will be forced to cover longer than 4 seconds on several downs. I'm also assuming we're going to get hit with a few sizeable PI penalties as well since secondary doesn't do well in situations where they have to cover for longer periods of time.

The Giants don't have the OL or running game of the Browns so the defense gets a break in that area, but I think this is a game where Engram is the thorn in our side. This is another area where they're going to be able to pick on Smith and whoever lines up at safety opposite Woods. Mike Nolan's too dumb to even consider this but I'd actually try to match a CB up on Engram as much as possible to take away Jones' favorite target. Force him to make throws he's clearly not as comfortable making, which are throws 10+ yards down field to WRs.

Garrett's been running a conservative game plan as well through the first 4 weeks. So it's a pretty safe bet that they're going to try to methodically work their way down the field with lengthy time consuming drives. Because of this, this will probably be another game where the Cowboys lose the TOP battle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far this season the Giants best offense has been Daniel Jones scrambling. I think he's going to hit at least 50 yards rushing. I think he'll easily exploit Jaylon Smith's lack of football IQ and discipline.

Along those same lines, Jones is going to extend plays with his legs so I expect the secondary will be forced to cover longer than 4 seconds on several downs. I'm also assuming we're going to get hit with a few sizeable PI penalties as well since secondary doesn't do well in situations where they have to cover for longer periods of time.

The Giants don't have the OL or running game of the Browns so the defense gets a break in that area, but I think this is a game where Engram is the thorn in our side. This is another area where they're going to be able to pick on Smith and whoever lines up at safety opposite Woods. Mike Nolan's too dumb to even consider this but I'd actually try to match a CB up on Engram as much as possible to take away Jones' favorite target. Force him to make throws he's clearly not as comfortable making, which are throws 10+ yards down field to WRs.

Garrett's been running a conservative game plan as well through the first 4 weeks. So it's a pretty safe bet that they're going to try to methodically work their way down the field with lengthy time consuming drives. Because of this, this will probably be another game where the Cowboys lose the TOP battle.
This may be a game where you use more Brandon Carr to cover the TE. Especially since he is really more of a big WR than an actual TE.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This may be a game where you use more Brandon Carr to cover the TE. Especially since he is really more of a big WR than an actual TE.
That would work as well. I just want someone guarding him other that that clueless MLB sullying the legacy of the no. 54 jersey.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't get this aversion to young guys either. You admit he outplayed Thompson and yet you don't know if he will start? How does that make sense. Like Badass, he played really well. But it took an injury to Looney to just let the man play.
On the other hand, they've been playing Lamb and Diggs a lot, so maybe it's not just that they are young. I agree that Biadisz (?) and Wilson should be playing though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd rather just roll with Biadasz either way, I haven't noticed much drop-off with him in and he certainly hasn't been a sieve like Steele so I'd rather just try to accelerate his development and potentially have a long-term starter in place over a guy like Looney who everybody knows is a bandaid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd rather just roll with Biadasz either way, I haven't noticed much drop-off with him in and he certainly hasn't been a sieve like Steele so I'd rather just try to accelerate his development and potentially have a long-term starter in place over a guy like Looney who everybody knows is a bandaid.
Biadasz should only get better too. Looney is already what he is. A good backup and mediocre to low end starter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Left tackle Tyron Smith was not involved in the portion of practice open to the media. He played every snap last week after missing two games with a neck injury. Last week, he did not practice on Wednesday, so the team could be managing his work to be ready for gameday. Defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (knee) was on the practice field Wednesday. Tyrone Crawford was not seen on the field either. His status will be cleared up after practice.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Top Bottom