Giants Stuff...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Coming out of college wasn't he similar to Gallup? Not in production but in his ability to make catches regularly.
He wasn't used heavily in the passing game while in Stanford, but when his number was called he made some nice plays. Just had the look of somebody that could be a good receiver if called upon. His game was pretty well rounded, as he was a reliable possession type receiver, and could also work the deep seam. And I think his blocking was pretty good, too. I think we'll see that he will get better and better in that aspect the more he plays. He did a nice job in college. I think his athleticism is a little underrated.

And Stanford is known for pumping a lot of good TEs into the NFL. I admit that alone made me look at him a little closer during draft time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He’d be an idiot not use misdirection like the Browns did.

Where are the stats? What percentage of Mayfields passes were rollout off play action?
That's like 65% of the Browns offense every week. That's the basis of their offense from week to week. It just worked extremely well against this poorly coached, talent devoid defense.

So I won't assume that Garrett & the Giants will attack in a similar fashion, because it would be completely out of character for them to run tons of rollouts and play action.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's like 65% of the Browns offense every week. That's the basis of their offense from week to week. It just worked extremely well against this poorly coached, talent devoid defense.

So I won't assume that Garrett & the Giants will attack in a similar fashion, because it would be completely out of character for them to run that much play action and rollouts.
Garrett would fry a circuit board if he even attempted to do what the Browns do.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Garrett would fry a circuit board if he even attempted to do what the Browns do.
Unless he caught a lot a criticism this week via the NY fans and media, I expect status quo from Garrett. In Dallas you rarely saw aggressiveness or creativity from him out of the blue. It almost always came as a reaction after he caught hell throughout the week for some dumb shit he did in the previous game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They'll probably play relatively well on Sunday and then get completely roasted by Kyler Murray running for 110 yards or something the next week.

data

Forbes #1
If we lost to the Giants, does it matter to you if the score is 40-38 or 13-11?

p1_

DCC 4Life
If we lost to the Giants, does it matter to you if the score is 40-38 or 13-11?
only insofar as our offense has, on average, produced points far in excess of 11 points.

Top Bottom